Register now to get rid of these ads!

History American Grafitti Coupe?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Seen one and you've seen them all

2. cavman

cavman

I bought this "sorta" clone a few years ago..Built about '79 - '80
    002 (2).JPG

Graffiti32 and kiwijeff like this.
  3. saw the coupe when it was brought to Orlandies Auto Body in San Rafael
    I was there working on David Crosbys Ferrari it had not been running for a long time

4. jimbousman

jimbousman

Weren't the California Kid cars all '34 Fords

5. Graffiti32

Graffiti32
    from Illinois

Thanks Dan!
    My paint and body guy just had to email me this thread....

Ok for those of you who don't read my site this is for you. Never Channeled! I have personally seen the underside of the coupe. It's stock!! uncut!! Read the old magazine articles Lucas had them chop the shell. No article or interview has ever said he wanted a channeled coupe. As far as other movies, the coupe engine was used for the shot in The California Kid. The spray painted cardboard black and held it behind the engine for these shots. They also used the speedometer from Milners Coupe in the movie. There was only ONE COUPE! no stunt doubles. The only doubles or should I say triples were of the 55. The 32 was used on Emergency's Capt'n Hook. No one ever notices the blown slick on the tire machine and the G 70 Goodyears laying on the floor that the coupe wore for sevral years after. The nurses!!! Story goes that a Dr at an office across the street saw the Coupe come in for service and had his Nurses stand next to the coupe for a picture. They had nothing to due with Emergency filming. For more fun and intresting facts about American Graffiti from the Stars to the cars please check my site. It's FREE!!
    http://jeffsallgraffitiallthetime.blogspot.com
    There is also a link to see my Graffiti Coupe in progress, feel free to tell me I'm doing it all wrong cause "Milner drove a three window" ...."right?' I've heard them all. Jeff

6. Graffiti32

Graffiti32
    from Illinois

I would like to see that! Never have and beleive I look. Jeff

7. 56shoebox

56shoebox