Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1937 Ford Cabriolet Custom

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by 2tall2beahotrodder, Jul 20, 2014.

1. lucas doolin

lucas doolin

My avatar and I will both be following your post closely. Very impressive work BTW. It will be a beauty in no time. Thanks for posting.

2. Wow, i went with a similar route with pieces of a 38 standard on a 37 club. I went bucks up and bought a half restored 38 club coupe. Fugly thing ford produced in my eye. The coupe was in beautiful shape with original fllors great 1/4 's etc. Graphed the 38 cabriolet parts onto the coupe. Perfect fit. I even got the original top bows. Chopped just a few inches thou. Wound up selling it before it was finished and the guy finished it with a flathead.Pics here just for referance not to hi jack.
    Love the direction your going

Attached Files:

3. Bolted the nose on and got a good side shot. Havnt trimmed the grill yet. Waiting on a better shape passenger fender before I make the cut. Thanks Sid!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Tonight I made a quick cage to make templates for the backhalf.
    [​IMG]

hotrod-kustom, Squablow and Eric H like this.
  4. Steve: I'm not sure you need our help!! You are doing very well on your own. Lot of progress/lots of courage. Keep after it man we love it! Tim

5. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Another channeled/sectioned prewar car to add to the gallery:
    2014.7.1.stance.jpg

catdad49, Squablow and kidcampbell71 like this.
  6. Damn that's nice! have a shot from the back?

7. 50Fraud

50Fraud

8. hacknwhack

hacknwhack
    from mass

This is gonna be good...Suscribed

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. Figured Id come in early, since I have duty tomorrow and upload some progress pictures. Had to make the panels in a few pieces since the curves were complicated. Just a beginner for metal shaping, hell im just a coastie mechanic..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. 2tall: You're hanging in there man. Progress is great!! keep us inspired. Tim

11. Its been another two weeks, so im entitled to post a picture or two.
    Progress has been slower than before. Panels came out pretty damn close to the first side without a wood buck, just an inner cage and one of those plastic radius tools. Ton more hammering and dollying left to do.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Inspiring work!

13. low51fan

low51fan

great to see the workanship of some on this site.

14. dechrome

dechrome

IMG_0767.JPG
    Here is another at Custom Car Revival in Indy.
    A two inch section above the belt line.
    deChrome

15. Spent the majority of Saturday and some tonight on the trunk. Was to mock up the rain gutter. Time to build a wood buck for the deck lid.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Theres still a low spot in the beltline I need to attend to. Im glad I didn't stick with the rumble seat decklid, the large trunk will be much useful and flows a lot better..

catdad49, kidcampbell71 and Eric H like this.
  16. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Looking Good!

Thanks for sharing the photos of your progress.

Keep workin'
    Al

17. desotot

desotot

Ok 2tall, great job, I can see the vision, enjoying this thread and all the other contributions.

18. Wow amazing work!

19. Blackroad

Blackroad
    from Sydney

Looking great.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

20. Maineac 1

Maineac 1

Looking good !! You are doing a super job with the metal !This is going to be a really cool cruiser !

21. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Steve...I was skeptical when you 'hinted' that you might want to section this classic piece...then elated when you did. The proportions are now much more in line, and compliment the profile...Chopped canvas will be the frosting on the cake.
    "Just a 'coastie mechanic'?" Good one.
    Rear section was interesting how you attacked it. BIG job, appreciate the pics. Some very neat tricks here...
    Thanks for taking us along. This should be a LESSON in the beautification of the '37.

22. Nice work so far! I look forward to seeing more.

23. Sectioning or not wasn't really the issue. I am in awe of your work, seeing what shape it was when you started. I wouldn't have even considered it 'cause I don't have the skills you possess. Keep posting progress!

24. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

somehow just stumbled upon this one. Great save on the car and fantastic work. Love the idea of the section. Just enough to make people wonder. Love the overall style and wish you best of luck finishing this one,

25. mrquickwhip

mrquickwhip

Just found this thread and I,m loving it. The car in my avatar is a uk 37 four door sedan.....it's now slowly evolving into a two door cabrio

26. Wow, never scene one of those before! I want that hood of yours, Trade?

Thanks for the kind words guys! I appreciate it!

27. mrquickwhip

mrquickwhip

Lol....I need it for my build.....here's a pic of the front....note the small air intake/grills....I haven't seen any others like them image.jpg

28. Wow, its a mixture of a 36 and 37. throw a little Lincoln in there too.. Its wild, and I dig the hell out of it. Can you get some up close shots of the hood. I want to see if I can copy it...
    Thanks!

29. Dontcha' love the "no, don't do thats"......when they are discussing what you literally dragged out of a frekn' ravine? Funny. Enjoying your courage with this build. Thanks for the posts. It's looking great.

30. mrquickwhip

mrquickwhip

Hi buddy....I will take some pics of it before the weekend and I will see what pics I have to hand that I can send you....Bob in Scotland