Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures O.C.I.R. home movies. Antique Nat's, Super Chevy Sunday, Last Drag Race etc....pics.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kiwi Kev, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Here are some stills from some 8mmm footage I shot at Orange County International Raceway back in the early 80's. I recently found the film and had it converted to DVD. Some pretty cool cars in there if you like old drag stuff. There is footage from the Antique Nationals, Super Chevy Sunday, jet cars at night, bracket racing and the last drag meet there.
    I just shot pics of the TV screen with my camera so sorry for the quality.
    (spam alert!) If anyone wants a copy I put an add in the classifieds.

[​IMG]

ANTIQUE NATIONALS....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SUPER CHEVY SUNDAY (I think it was the first one)......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. OTHER STUFF....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. That's cool Kevin....

5. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Yeah baby......love the action kev.

6. hell yeah! very cool stuff!

7. Racer83

Racer83
    from SoCal

Kiwi Kev, I would love to get a copy of your footage from OCIR on DVD, if you have copies available or would be so kind as to get an additional one made? I'm happy to PayPal you a fair dollar amount. I've always been more of a lurker than a user here, so I'm not sure how/if I can PM you to trade info, if this is something you would be able to do.

Please let me know, thanks.

8. Kev, I was sitting in the tower side stands when that Camaro crashed. It was very fortunate there were no fans in that area as it happened early in the morning.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  9. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

hey Kev!! COOL pics man!!!!!!!!

10. The red 57 Chevy, is John Scialpi's "Wopadoo" way back! It ran 9.60's back then with a 4 port upright on a blown Rat. The blue 55 hardtop with Cragars, is the "Mogator" before it got back halved.

11. Looks like you've got some footage of the "Antique Doll" flathead dragster. This car belongs to a HAMB member and shows up in several threads here.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/the-antique-doll-flathead-dragster.625706/
    :cool: