Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods East Troy Salvage

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gabber303, Apr 24, 2014.

1. gabber303

gabber303

Just drove by East Troy Salvage in East Troy, WI and it looks like they're clearing & crushing everything. The front yard has already been crushed. They'll still take appointments to walk through the yard with an employee, Saturdays only, from 10-2. Spring Jefferson is this weekend and East Troy is not too far from it. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1398355923.791085.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1398356025.744373.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. SBCWelder

SBCWelder

They are cleaning up. Some cars are being saved, but if you need something,
    It would be wise to act quickly.

3. SBCWelder

SBCWelder

4. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

they have been crushing most of the summer. It is the end for this yard.

5. they used to have some good stuff. years ago i ran across a split window vette there. i remember it was blue and missing a lot of parts. i have noy been there in years.

6. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

7. Bangshift said 4000 cars to be crushed

8. I believe it's was still there 2 years ago, not much left, but i'll check tomorrow

9. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

I was there today and all of the pictures they show on the inter web are of the cars and trucks they dragged out of the under brush any thing else requires a machete to get to. Got a few goodies today though

10. Do they have decent prices, do they let you remove parts?
    what did you get?
    thanks

11. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

Just some junk to pay for the trip down there . Most likely I will go broke on the deal. I picked up a tail light housing for a f100 panel truck and some econoline headlight bezels and this ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1410217102.350176.jpg

12. I was wondering what type of person would get rid of a perfectly good bowling ball... "Good save" all you need to do is find a vintage bowling alley to use it!

Torkwrench likes this.
  13. weird....I found one to, just didn't take it. Was one of those spinner types with three holes on top, no thumb.
    scored a set of 15x8 or 9 daisey 200's.

Yes you can remove what you want, normal junk yard, prices seem good as they want to sell before crushing everything

14. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

Well we know her name was Jennie I am thinking her boyfriend got rid of his car with it in the trunk

wingnutz likes this.
  15. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My bowling ball came from a junkyard, too.

16. thanks for the reply...

17. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dang I got about a thousand mosquito bites this summer looking for wheels there, didn't find any!

Anyways, when I've been there the folks are cool with you roaming, and prices were reasonable. Lots of good trim items left, sheetmetal on most is of course very rusty, it is Wisconsin after all. Too bad it is one of the few old fashioned yards left.

18. There were 3...only got the two good ones! Sitting on a rack just behind the tan building.

Sucks it's going away, but atleast they are advertising and letting people know this is it and get it before its' gone.

19. fuzzface

fuzzface

That split window vette was there in 1983 already, the first time I was to that yard so it could have been there longer than that. Coincidently every time I think about that yard that vette jumps to my mind and was the first thing I thought of when I saw the thread title wondering if it was still there seeing it's been years since I've been there.

20. Funny no one seems to know about the vettes in the yard....
    It was 2 years ago a few of us went there just something to do on good friday. wondering the thick brush, we stumbled upon this....
    [​IMG]
    yah crappy pic, but hell it was a cell phone pic.
    buddy of mine asked about the mid year vette door, which was laying around some brush. The owner wanted lots for a sun baked door, useless other than garage art. So we put it back where we found it, and i figured 'we'd have to find the car it was off' and funny, i hopped on a car next to it and looked, the brush was so thick we were right next to it, but couldn't see it unless diggin through the brush, it was on top of another car.
    Talking to the 'kid' that was selling everything i did ask about the vettes....I was told that he'd worked there for 8 years and knew of NO vettes in the yard. Damn smart phone was able to pull up my photobucket account and find the above pic...he agreed it was behind the building we were in, but knew nothing about it.
    Damn it, had a 'few' extra bucks just incase...talk about a bad ass drag car that would have made!

21. Hey Jeffie... That Vette was there last fall!

22. can I use a cutting torch up there if they drag a car out of the brush?

23. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

I would say no mainly because they would have to get to the car many are parked in

24. ^^^thanks, no problem.^^^

25. And she was left handed...

26. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

That's funny I am left handed to that's probably why I grabbed it

27. If any one goes to get some parts give your self some extra time to go into east troy. They have s cool trolley museum with a working trolley you can ride. Across from the museum is a old icecream parlor you have to see to believe.

28. ^^^ thanks for that info^^^

29. ...here's the correct phone number if anyone wants to call the yard about anything; they mite not answer, just leave a message and they'll try to get back to you.
    A bunch of us guys are goin up tomoro, will post some info on the place afterwords...

East Troy Salvage 262-642-9505