Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1960 Chevrolet Bel Air Sedan

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Gusaroo, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Gusaroo

Gusaroo

City: Glastonbury

State: Connecticut
    Price: 9800
    For sale 1960 Chevrolet Bel Air Sedan
    $9800
    [​IMG]
    I have 1960 Bel Air 2 door post sedan that is turnkey, driven often and currently Connecticut registered. Though I love this car, I have decided to sell it to raise funds so I can purchase my Dad’s ’31 Chevy from him, he needs to liquidate and we have decided to keep his car in the family.

I loaned the car to American Autowire in New Jersey and they used it for R&D to develop their latest complete wiring harness product for this model line. In exchange, they completely professionally rewired the car from bumper to bumper. They used this car for photos in their 58-60 Impala Classic Update kit install manual. They did a 5-6 part YouTube series with it that can be seen online. They also told me that Lowrider magazine did a “how to” photo shoot with it while they had it, but they have not run the article yet.

More specifics on the car:

- 454 Chevy big block w/Oval port Heads
    - Edelbrock Performer 2.0 dual plane intake
    - Edelbrock 750 carb, electric choke
    - Comp Cams 268H camshaft
    - Hedman headers, new mufflers and side exit exhaust.
    - Tranny is 4 speed manual with overdrive. (New Process A833 RPO MY6)
    - Transmission has just been fully rebuilt. New bearings, synchros, synchro keys/springs and gaskets. Less than 50 miles on it so far. Shifts nice and tight.
    - New Hayes HD 12" clutch, freshly turned pressure plate and new throw out bearing
    - Hurst floor shifter
    - Tranny side mounted hydraulic clutch slave with Wilwood master
    - American Autowire Classic Update full wiring harness (professionally installed by manufacturer)
    - HEI distributor
    - New deep cycle battery (trunk mounted with emergency shutoff)
    - New 4 core champion aluminum radiator
    - Dual electric fans w/ nice aluminum shroud
    - New MoonEye gauges and column mounted tach
    - Driveshaft rebuilt, balanced. All new heavy duty u-joints and carrier bearing
    - Front spindle bearing conversion (ball bearings converted to Roller Timken bearings)
    - CPP power disc front brake conversion kit (with new dual power master cylinder), rear drums.
    - All new brake lines...bumper to bumper.
    - Complete front end re-done with poly-bushings, new upper and lower ball joints, new tie rod ends (with a professional alignment job)
    - New shocks front and rear
    - New(er) tires and rims, less than 100 miles on them.
    - Solid body, no major rust issues, few bubbles in the primer from it sitting, nothing that can't be sanded out prior to paint. (car was acid etched and epoxy primed)
    - Frame and undercarriage stripped and sealed with POR15
    - New front floor pans welded and seam sealed
    - Newly upholstered seats (black)
    - New black carpet kit (still in box).
    - 5 new aircraft style lap belts (to make the wife happy when carting the kids around)
    - New trunk weather strip kit installed.
    - Rebuilt heater core (and blower) with new gaskets (currently disconnected)
    - I have a huge box of various trim pieces
    - Tons of receipts and other various parts.

Here are some links to more pictures (and video):
    Note: Some of these pictures were taken as I was putting it together.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7YtVBwIYfo

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/media/albums/bel-air.2743/
    https://www.facebook.com/joe.gibilisco.3/media_set?set=a.8374559813.14181.516984813&type=3

Not mine, but same year and model:
    http://www.gasmonkeygarage.com/photos-of-the-60-chevy-bel-air/

What it needs?
    - Paint job. It’s in epoxy primer now which actually looks pretty good as is. Car is pretty close to being ready for paint. Few bubbles starting to appear in the primer from it sitting out. The poor car needs final paint, shouldn't be sitting in primer
    - Door cards are crumby, but presentable IMO, need to reface them at some point or just buy replacements from Ecklers.
    - Door glass is uninstalled. I have one which is mirror image of other to use as template, or purchase one new (cheap).
    - Needs a door weather-stripping kit (cheap)
    - Carpet needs to be installed (I have it...in BLACK, new in box)
    - I have a roll of sound deadener (to go under carpet).

Car is fast and 90% done, just needs some TLC to finish it off.

Please contact me if you have an interested. Car is in Conn Connecticut.
    Cell or text: 86O-841-2O49
    thegibiliscos at cox.net
    -Joe
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Gusaroo