Register now to get rid of these ads!

Check out my 90.00 car!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chopzuk, Jan 13, 2006.

1. chopzuk

chopzuk
    from central AR

Turn the wiper knob clockwise, counterclockwise to return to off position. The button is for the washer, if so equipted.

It will not hold/stay in the turned position, but I don't have vacuum hooked to it. I will hook up my AC vacuum pump and see if I can get some movement out of it. Thanks for the info...

2. soldermonkey

soldermonkey

Great deal, I am jealous.

dave

3. flamedolds

flamedolds

Man did you ever get ripped off!! He saw you comin a mile away. But ... I tell ya what, to make it better I'll give you the $90.00 back and take that car off yer hands!
    Nice!

4. Spook

Spook

Well, You got ripped pretty good, however to show you what kind of guy I am I will give you the $ 90.00 dollars for it . Oh what the hell I will go ahead and give the full $ 100.00.

When do think you can deliver it?

Seriously, in 1954 the Oldsmobile was "The Muscle Car" . The only competition that it might have had was the Buick Century.

Anybody remember anything that Detroit was putting out that was any faster?

5. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

The wiper control works a bowden cable running from dash to vacuum motor, which seizes after years of sitting. Pull the control and cable out and soak it in diesel or your favorite rust buster. The last one I did took almost a day's worth of flexing and pulling to free up, but you'll get it eventually. I like to cover the thing with shrink tube after it's lubed really well and working easily-keeps dirt and moisture out. Seems like Olds offered an electric motor as an option, same control will operate either motor.
    Did you get the Fleetline, too ?

6. chopzuk

chopzuk
    from central AR

I'll clean the trailer off and have it loaded about 7 in the morning. PM me with your number, and I'll call when I hit the Kansas border.;) NOT!

Man, if yall knew my luck, you guys would just be waiting for me to write in how a blue-hair drove her land yacht through the ditch and hit the tree in the yard, which fell and crushed my camper trailer into my '70 Duster, that miraculously started and ripped through the Olds on its way to a 10 second quarter mile run into the creek at the end of the property. :eek:

Later... I'm gonna go check on the Duster.

7. chopzuk

chopzuk
    from central AR

No, I missed the Fleetline. It was worse than my 47 Pontiac, which i am thinking about selling, since I got the Olds. Any interest here for a '47 Ponti that runs, shifts, and almost stops (master needs a kit, WC are done). I could post some picts tommorow night.

8. Rckt98

Rckt98

My 56 has a vacuum pump that is part of [ on top] of the fuel pump. This is connected directly to the wiper unit. If your 55 has the same set up, I would guess the pump needs a rebuild.

9. Rckt98

Rckt98

[.

I'm on to another score, but I gotta get some pics so you guys can help me identify if it's a 98 or 88, 1956 model Holiday 4dr hardtop![/QUOTE]

Easy to tell. The 88 side trim runs front to back, the full length of the car. The 98 side trim curves & returns around about the back door, with a seperate side spear on the back 1/4. I think the 98 trim looks better, but then I am biased.

10. chopzuk

chopzuk
    from central AR

Easy to tell. The 88 side trim runs front to back, the full length of the car. The 98 side trim curves & returns around about the back door, with a seperate side spear on the back 1/4. I think the 98 trim looks better, but then I am biased.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. The profile also "dipped" just into the rear door too. The trim angles down just after the front doors' rear edge with this dip, and I believe it did have a second individual spear on the quarter. I'll post pics tommorow.

Someone posted about my vacuum over fuel pump. it does have the seperate vacuum pump, and it works, but I don't know/ haven't figured out how the lines are routed to the actual wiper motor, as the critters ate the original lines, and I don't have anyhting to compare them too. '57 Chevy offered an electric 2 speed wiper, and a guy on Egay sells an adapter plate to hook it to a Olds wiper setup. Would prefer to get mine workin, or I'll do a late model delay wiper swap with hidden components. Thanks

11. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

Okay, so I'll ask first-what are your plans for it?
    Breeders-you gotta be kidding! I'm thinkin' meth? Maybe crack? The junkies around here never have anything kool to sell-just their old Backstreet Boys cd's:rolleyes:

12. chopzuk

chopzuk
    from central AR

gonna drive it like it is for a while. Plan on changing it over to a 2 door as money allows. Got a lead on some parts in New York, waiting an Amtrak to tell me a shipping price. If you check out my avatar, that is what I want to eventually end up with. little chop, lowered. just a fun ride, dailey driver. Thanks

13. ratt7

ratt7

Excellent buy, the car looks really nice and is an excellent start. Keep us posted. :)

14. Rckt98

Rckt98

Here is the 56 98 version, albeit a 2 door.

Attached Files:

15. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

its warm pbr out of the trunk of my chevette:D