Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1932 sedan Tudor windshield wiper motor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by McDeuce, Aug 31, 2014.

1. McDeuce

McDeuce

I am struggling to find a replacement windshield wiper motor for our 32 sedan. I am looking for the whole system.

Suggestions?

2. Real32

Real32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mighty wiper or New Port Engineering

3. I just used a inexpensive generic electric motor,I know there are expensive zooty wiper motors out there but the old school works fine for me. HRP

4. Dak Rat

Dak Rat
    from NoDak

I used a vac. wiper motor from an early IH scout. The ones with the wipers over the windshield not on the cowl. There is one on each side and they bolt right into the '32 header area. They have a remote on/off switch that you can mount where ever you like.

5. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I just used a inexpensive generic electric motor,I know there are expensive zooty wiper motors out there but the old school works fine for me. HRP

Yep

6. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Bob at Newport Wipers is in the final stages of developing a single or dual wiper system for the 32 sedan/5 window/victoria and 4 door. Should be done shortly and when I talked to him last he thought it will fit behind the header panel?

7. alchemy

alchemy

Mighty Wipers fit under the header panel, and only requires a little grinding of the stock wood and a bit of tapping the inner steel for clearance. Make sure to order the correct length shaft. I used the tapered shaft and use a 40 Ford style arm shortened to fit the 32.

8. McDeuce

McDeuce

Thank you everyone for the information. This helps a lot.