Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Tire size with pics for '54 Chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by StefanS, Aug 30, 2014.

1. StefanS

StefanS
    from Maryland

Alright, so I know there are a ton of threads about this and I've been searching like crazy but cant find what I'm looking for. The original tires on '53/4 Chevys were 670s. Those tires are over 28" tall. The replacement tire sizes everyone seems to run are 205/75 or 215/75 which are both in the 27" range. 225/75s are only about .5" wider than the 215/75s but they're almost the exact height as the stock tires. I'm looking for pics of of the 225s on '53/4s on stock rims from a front or rear view to see how wide they are in the fender. Wanna run skirts and bloomers but dont wanna scrape everything up. Thanks guys and gals

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

3. chevrolayd

chevrolayd

I have 225/70-15 and I cant fit my shirts so this winter im going to put 205/75 -15 on the back I do not have the stock rims on it I have a 7 inch wide chev rally. But I know a 225 is the widest I would go in a stock wheel well. Hope this helps

sent via my black box

Attached Files:

4. StefanS

StefanS
    from Maryland

It gives me a close idea of how they'll sit in the fender. Whats the backspacing on the rally wheels? If you're switching tires what are your plans for the www you have on there now?

5. chevrolayd

chevrolayd

They are a 4.5 " backspacing on the wghels and the www are a white wall tire paint that I tried and it didnt hold up. A couple of burn outs and they are gone.

sent via my black box

6. StefanS

StefanS
    from Maryland

I just measured the tires I have on it now (205/70s). I'm assuming the skirts are the same width as the underside lip at the top of the rear wheel opening but if anyone has a pic of the backside or could confirm/correct me that would be great. If they are that width at the bottom of the skirt, it gives me about 3/4 of an inch before tire sidewall contact and bloomers are out of the question.

7. StefanS

StefanS
    from Maryland

On another note...anyone know where I can get push through bullet caps for the oem wheels?