Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Orange County bound!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by willyschad, Aug 24, 2014.

1. willyschad

willyschad
    from ohio

My family and I are heading to Orange County California this Thursday with the kids to visit family and take the kids to Disneyland. If I get some free time to sneak away I was wondering if anyone has ideas for some good hot rod places to see while I am out there? Anybody with tons of old "junk" to rummage through? I never get a chance for vacations and was hoping to do something fun and cool in between all the family necessities.

2. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

Donut Derelicts on Saturday morning Great Cruise

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. toml24

toml24

X2 Donut Derelicts in Huntington Beach. 5:30am-8:30am Saturday morning. 250 vintage cars and trucks. Best FREE car show on the west coast.

wazza likes this.
  4. flyboy89

flyboy89
    from So. Cal.

The Labor Day Cruise is this weekend at the Orange County Fairgrounds in Costa Mesa. Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

5. BobMcD

BobMcD

Another vote for Donut Derelicts. Saturdays before dawn. Adams and Magnolia. Huntington Beach

6. willyschad

willyschad
    from ohio

Thanks for all the input everyone

7. Muttley

Muttley

Eat here.........you can thank me later.

8. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

We have one out here in Chino and they don't pile on the chili like I remember. I haven't been to the one in Rampart in long time (they didn't serve french fries.) By the way, to the OP, the L.A. County Fair will be open and it's home to the NHRA museum and it's in Pomona, about 25 miles from Dizzyland (which is a rip off now days)

9. check out the Early Ford Store in old town San Dimas - tons of stuff.

10. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

X2. Friday is kind of like a set up day. Saturday is the best day with the most cars.

11. RmK57

RmK57

Isn't Clay Smith cams/ Moon Equipment in that area, Santa Fe springs, Norwalk ?

12. willyschad

willyschad
    from ohio

We went to the NHRA museum when we were out there about 4 years ago. It was a really cool experience. The donut derelicts sounds like a neat idea and I would probably be able to run to that while everyone else is getting up and getting moving.

13. willyschad

willyschad
    from ohio

Had a long day at Disneyland yesterday so didn't get to the donut cruise but we are heading down to the Labor Day cruise in Costa Mesa now. Sounds like it's a good show. Hopefully I will find some stuff to buy!

14. Take your wife out for a nice dinner in Laguna Beach at Las Briesis restaurant....awesome place to watch a So Cal sunset

15. Drive up to Ventura....great show this weekend

16. Make a run up to bobs broiler in Downey for a big boy combo. Call ahead, might be some cruising tonite

17. willyschad

willyschad
    from ohio

Couldn't find anything to buy at the show. I was hoping they had a swap meet. Rest of today is hangin at the pool and grilling out with the family. Anything good going on Sunday? Anybody out this way with any willys stuff?

18. toml24

toml24

There is a car show at the Balboa Pier parking lot on Sunday from 7:00am-9:00am. It's all FREE. On the beach.

19. Walk the park above the ocean also (heisler park).

20. lakesmod

lakesmod

Mulholland Drive.

21. willyschad

willyschad
    from ohio

Went over to Laguna beach. Awesome place! Beautiful views!

22. Even better during winter as it's less crowed.

23. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

That's the problem with SoCal beaches nowdays, too many people! Being a 3 gen Californian, I now prefer the beaches of the Central Coast because they remind me of how the SoCal beaches were 40 years ago.