Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs media blasting in Northern Virginia

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Peter S, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Peter S

Peter S

Anybody have any good experiences with a blaster in the Northern Virginia / DC area? I'm coming up empty, getting quotes like $6K to blast & prime the exterior only of my '51 Hudson. I've heard great things about Flatlanders down in Norfolk, but that's way out of range from here in the DC burbs. I'm probably limited to the area between Richmond and Baltimore. I'd try it myself but I just have no space, as well as the neighbor from hell.

Peter S.
    Alexandria, VA

2. JT Apperson

JT Apperson
    from va

Give Jeremy Turner a call at Maple Hill Restoration in Broadway, Va. 540-896-9024. He does excellent work...Good luck...JT

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. Peter,
    Welcome to the HAMB. You really ought to post an intro to tell us more about yourself. Also, consider joining the VA HAMB social group.

I know of two media blasters in northern VA:

The first is Scott Burnett (HAMB name: scottb354), in Charles City, VA.
    http://www.kahikocustoms.com/
    I intend to take my '28 sedan down to him when I'm ready to do the bodywork.

The second is American Stripping Co, in Manassas, VA.
    http://www.ascoweb.com/
    I visited their shop a while ago and saw an old Datsun 240Z that they'd just blasted with no warping at all.

Hope this helps,
    Gary

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
    lothiandon1940 likes this.

4. buds56

buds56

I have noticed this company advertising in the Valley Trader ( small want ad weekly based out of Winchester VA)
    They are based out of Lovettsville VA. www.Resto-Blast.com
    Never spoke to them , might be worth a call
    Bud