Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Would You Rather?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by travj31, Aug 27, 2014.

1. KIA... with a half tank of gas...!

Truthfully I've had fleets of classics and my free time schedule was full of maintenance lists that never ended!

How about a decent $15-$20K car and a $3,500 beater!

2. With my room and finances one is plenty regardless of worth, and drive the wee out of it!

slack likes this.
  3. rustang

rustang

I have several. I build what I like, then use it as much as possible. I may need to cut back at some point, and honestly do not know which I could sell :(

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

I think your time left plays a big part on your decisions on vehicles. To a point now I don't want to get rid of my two that I love but am coming to the realization I will never have a 33-34 coupe unless I sell them both. Love building them. Just wish, as all of us, I could keep them all, have my bucket list and still have a project in the shop.

5. slack

slack

HOARDING is a disease, a documented mental illness...........and I've got a delightfully bad case of it. Too many projects, not enough time. Yeah, so, I wish for MULTIPLES.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  6. I had a really nice 30K sports car. Sold it to help pay off the mortgage. Bought a hack thing to get around in and bought a truck for a toy. I do miss the admiring looks I used to get, but that is about the only thing. The daily driver is an old van which I can throw stuff in and wash once a year if it gets lucky and just use it as a form of transport. The sports car was almost too nice to drive and I dare not leave it anywhere for any length of time, and I was forever worried about it getting dinted or scratched. The truck I bought has given me heaps of fun, too. Plus, we get to keep the house, and that is kind of important.

7. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

agree, this is all I need, just enough to satisfy the soul.

8. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

I'd rather have a few drivers than a one really nice one. I'd probably spend too much time worrying about the paint.

9. banginona40

banginona40

Two done and two projects. I am in the process of thinning down a bit. The projects are what interest me the most and I need more room to work on them. I have a 33 pickup in the works and just picked up another '30 coupe. I don't seem to drive the finished ones much and am tired of registering and insuring them. I'll keep the coupe in my avatar but my '40 pickup is going to have to go.

10. mammyjammer

mammyjammer
    from Area 51

Can't take my 58 Fairlane rock crawling and my 68 Bronco is too beat up to take to a car show, so I need at least two fun cars!

11. Shamus

Shamus
    from NC

There is always one more that I have to have- a '50 Merc coupe IMG_5644.JPG . $25K is a driver now a days. I have 3 H.A.M.B. "FRIENDLY" cars & lots of others. I have a muscle car convertible that I have had for over 30 years & have been finally driving for 3, a PU I built for my late wife that she never got to drive that I drive from time to time, the '34 in my avatar is mostly finished at great expense but I plan to drive anyway & more projects & parts cars than I can store. I did thin out a little this past year by selling my '33 glass coupe, '39 Chev coupe & '55 Bel Air hardtop. Figured I'm going to have to live to be 120 to finish all - only 48 years to go!! You can never have too many cars - just not enough space, time & money!!!

12. slack

slack

Just curious. What is it that is in excess of 25k? (Rolls Royce comes to mind) and is it custom or traditional?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  13. my avatar - a 64 Daytona -was bought for $500 over 20 years ago and has been a ready daily driver for over 20 yrs...only minor repairs like brakes and such - it's even made it to Austin one year.....

14. 41 coupe

41 coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from bristol pa

I have a 41 willys cpe gasser(glass)that has been done for awhile and I never use it.I have a nice 63 Impala that I have owned for 24 years,and it just sits in the garage. I bought a 55 to do last winter that needs everything,and I want a 40 ford cpe BAD! I guess I am never satisfied.

15. I like to work on one car at a time. It is a lot of work to keep multiple cars all running and in good condition. My '51 is a driver, My '29 cabriolet is my now running project. Realistically that is about all I can handle. I have been struggling to get a '29 closed cab PU back on the road, although is is near perfect, excepting a leaky radiator and a leaky Edelbrock carb. Just not enough time for multiple cars. ...and owning a 'junkyard' of non running cars is not an option in an urban area.

16. El KaMiNo KiD

El KaMiNo KiD

I'd rather have multiple projects that I can grow old with..I only have two as of right now. ..I think 10-12 projects would be my limit..Imo if everything is organized its not considered hoarding. .

17. If I had 10-12 projects sitting around at one time I'd go nuts! Haha at this point, unless it's a 32-34 or a Willys, I don't think I'll ever have another all out project/build.