Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 53 Plymouth Cranbrook Proud new owner

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wrenchrocket, Aug 27, 2014.

1. wrenchrocket

wrenchrocket

Hey guys,

Picked up a 1953 Plymouth Cranbrook 4 door sedan today. I am the third owner, previous owner had the car since 76 bought it from his in-laws. Car has never left Texas. Has not been outside of williamson county since 1976. Flat head 6 and 3 on the tree. I wasn't looking for this car when I found it but damn I'm happy.

2. wrenchrocket

wrenchrocket

3. Congratulations! Looks like a very nice car! Have fun with it! I like it when another old Mopar is brought back into service!

4. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Positive ground 6V battery, and left hand threads on the left side wheel bolts. 2 things that get first time owners of 53 Plymouths crossed up.

They were a comfortable, reliable car in their day. You can have a lot of fun as long as you are not in too big a hurry to get someplace.

5. Congrats. Great old cars even though not as popular as GM and Ford products of the day. I've had my Suburban wagon since 1976. I wasn't looking for one when I bought it either but I'm happy I did. Just don't lose or break any of those left hand threaded bolts. They are really hard to find.

6. wrenchrocket

wrenchrocket

Thanks Guys. 80,000 original miles on her. oping work slows down so I get some time to drive around.

7. missysdad1

missysdad1

As 50desotocoupe avitar shows, you won't have to do much to make your Plymouth into a neat street semi-custom. Mild lowering, some traditional-style wheels and tires, and a split exhaust manifold will really make your little Mayflower cool! Nice score!

8. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Nice car.......enjoy! Over several decades, beginning in 1961, I have owned four 1953 Plymouths.
    Always had a soft spot for them. Nice driving cars and easy to maintain. Best Wishes!

Ray

9. wrenchrocket

wrenchrocket

10. whtbaron

whtbaron
    from manitoba

After a year? How come? I take 30 yrs just to think about what I'm gonna do to them...