Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods SBC Tri-Power Set Up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hd1084, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Can anyone give me some feed back on the Rochester 2GC three deuce set up on a Edelbrock intake manifold such as the one set up sold at Summit Racing? I'm looking to put this set up on my 350 SBC and just want a reliable set up. Looking for any feed back. Thanks.

2. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

I have an older one in my '33 truck. It's a killer setup.

loudbang likes this.
  3. M224SPEED

M224SPEED
    from Missouri

More trouble than they are worth ! J.M.O.

4. Check out Dickster27 here on the HAMB he sells tri-power setups that work.
    -Pat

5. northerndave

northerndave
    from Badger MN

Speedway sells the base kits for the 2 outboard carbs. (without idle mix screws) with or without linkage.

It's a nice way to put together a Rochester tri power with some garage sale 2 barrels.

6. david363

david363
    from Texas

I bought mine from Vintage Speed ( Charlie Price) and bolted it on my stock 327 and it has been trouble free.

7. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

The Rochester 2 G carbs are about the most simple design out there and easy to work on. I just did 3 of them for my 394 Olds with Speedway's base kit. Piece of cake. I had a two carb setup from Vintage Speed and it was fine too.

Don

[​IMG]

8. HAMB 004.jpg HAMB plus Engine 006.jpg engine 006.jpg Xs 2 on Charlie Price's Vintage Speed end bases. I put a couple of those on mine and haven't touched them in three years. Runs perfect. As for being hard to set up, you are running on a two barrel carb. Couldn't be any easier than that. To many guys try to make it a big deal with getting them in sync. All you do is get it to run on the center carb and bring in the ends when you want them by adjusting the progressive rods. Mine idles smooth at 700 RPMs and pulls the ends in at about 1/3 throttle, feels like you got kicked in the ass when you hit it. Hands down the best looking, driving carb set-up for a street driven hot rod. Here's some inspiration for ya !!!!

Attached Files:

9. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]
    I got the parts and helpful info from Charlie Price at Vintage speed. (he sells the end carb bases to Speedway that they sell!) He told me what to do and I did it.
    [​IMG]
    I converted my own end bases as per his direction to get the thicker butterflies to seal. If you go back far enough you should be able to find the post that I did on the subject a few years ago.

loudbang likes this.
  10. Thanks everyone for your input. Very good information. I'm leaning toward getting the "Deluxe" Vintage Speed set up with the gold carbs and chrome intake. Just not certain weather to go with the Rochester 2CG's or the Holly 94's ??

11. Roothawg

Roothawg

There is a guy on ebay that is in the STL area. He goes by stitchntan. He really does a nice job and he was the man behind one of the big 3x2 companies for years. I want to say it was Hot Rod Carburetion, but don't quote me on that.

Here's his info.
    Contact Tri-Power Carburetion at 1(660) 238-6620 Delbert

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014