Register now to get rid of these ads!

I found a Bath Supply Shop filled with Vintage Mini Bikes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mike The Photo Guy, Feb 16, 2009.

1. junk fiend

junk fiend

[​IMG]
    i dont think this is from the 40s it has mag wheels and chopper bars.

2. jonnycola

jonnycola

It looks like the whole front of the frame has been changed. Probably got wrecked and someone welded another one on. The body and rear frame is ABSOLUTELY 40's or 50's.

3. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Cool post. Looks like a hell of a place to go check out. I need to get my mini bikes runnin for Breeders show this year. Man I want one of the Lil Indians. :)

4. Scott K

Scott K

I can't believe I've driven by there about a million times and never noticed....But I know where I'll be buying the plumbing fixtures for my bathroom renovation!

I'm getting the feeling that I'm going to have to put a couple of bermed corners in the back '40 and have a 'bambalance on site for Buckle.:D

5. George G

George G

I got my son into old minibike when he was like 13 or so. He learned lot about restoring / painting then fixing stuff that broke.

Highly recommended.

6. solid

solid

Those little indians bring back memories. Great thread.

7. Mike The Photo Guy

Mike The Photo Guy

Here you go Denise, this photo can explain my divorce with a picture. No furniture, black and white TV with the wife at the table and a 120 mph Go-Kart with a box of fresh tires next to it and a poster of mid Ohio Road course on the wall so the Kart can learn the track while I'm sleeping.
    I still have one of my Karts. The one in the picture was destroyed in the wreck that broke my pelvis and fractured my skull and both heels. I'll save the story about my career ending wreck for your Autorama party. I will post the picture of the spark plug that broke my pelvis.
    See you soon Denise,
    Mike TPG
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Mike The Photo Guy

Mike The Photo Guy

Hey Denise,
    Tim called me tonight, it was my birthday. I told him we were hanging out soon. He asked me what you were up to. I told him your the national social director and human rolodex of Hot Rodding. He laughed and said to say Hi. Tim has a sweet Peterbuilt of his own now. Allow wheels custom paint and all the bells and whistles. It told him about your bad ass car,he was impressed.
    Mike TPG

9. Zig Zag Wanderer

Zig Zag Wanderer

Relic Stew works for a major bicycle manufacturer.

10. AHotRod

AHotRod

I'd take a few of those off of his hands :)

11. RAY With

RAY With

I have seen mini bikes/Scooters here I have never heard of before. Thats one hell of a collection and thanks for all your time to post so we could see them.

12. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

DAMN..forgotten memories VERY COOL

13. rixrex

rixrex

Crap..this happens everytime..now I can't rest or be truly happy until I have a V-twin Mustang, didn't know they came with that engine..In Junior High Cushmans were cool but Mustangs were what the Hoods rode...

14. seatex

seatex

I only got to the bottom of page one. I just can't take it anymore, if I wasn't leaving for Bonneville in the morning, I'd be suicidal!
    FRANK IS THE MANNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (Maybe he should just marry Twinkle, Twinkle, and we could all just quit trying.:rolleyes:
    Awesome, just AWESOME!:cool::cool::cool:

15. I dreamed of having a RUPP minibike for years,even wore out the catalog lookin at it.ended up with a homemade one,but it wasnt a Rupp,I had one of the cushmans with the rocket bodies but mine was a sears Allstate...thanks for the memories

16. AHotRod

AHotRod

Mini-Bikes Rule :)

17. the mail man

the mail man
    from michigan

mini bike show autorama detroit in the basement this year. you will be blown away at the cool bikes

18. I am reading this thread for the first time, and I know it is about mini bikes and scooters, but did anybody notice the 750 Norton Commando Chopper with a rigid frame and a springer in the background of one of the pictures? Now THAT I would like to have!

19. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Wow cool! This thread just helped me identify a here to fore unidentifiable Ruttman Spider. 'Bout time to put this one together for my girlfriend to race at the Southwest Nostalgia Nats in a few weeks...

20. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Old mini bikes get my juices flowing. I inherited a 1969 colton cat from my cusin how is to old to ride one now. Need to spend some time on restoring it.

21. slychamp

slychamp
    from Qc ca

22. Wow thats an addition but I love it thanks for sharing .
    Does he give shop tours I would bring beer !

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

23. txturbo

txturbo

I had a Rupp at one time.

24. That's a lot of bitchen shit. THX!

25. camerl2009

camerl2009

why was all the cool stuff made back in those days all I got was a crappy pocket bike that had more plastic then I would like and was a 2 stroke :( one of my dads friends wiped out and broke his arm on it that was the end of that

26. just picked up mini bike and found this old thread and frank has cell number so you can text him pictures of your finds for identification 810 599 1399 i just sent him some pictures and will post results! the cover on the 3hp briggs engine decodes to 1979 if it's original to the mini bike.:cool:

27. xracer40

xracer40

I had a Little Indian in the late 60's, it had a mechanically operated disc brake that worked on the rear sprocket. After spending many hours riding it, I wore out the "piston" on the brake so I took a wooden checker piece and filed down to fit the caliber. It worked fairly well but you could always tell where I had been by the burnt wood smell.

28. got it running and just waiting on carburetor kit! here is couple pictures of my $30 score!:cool:

Attached Files:

• 385.jpg
      385.jpg
      File size:
      186.5 KB
      Views:
    • 479.jpg
      479.jpg
      File size:
      226.3 KB
      Views:
    • 468.jpg
      468.jpg
      File size:
      247.1 KB
      Views:
    • 476.jpg
      476.jpg
      File size:
      187.3 KB
      Views:
    • 478.jpg
      478.jpg
      File size:
      213.5 KB
      Views:
    • 470.jpg
      470.jpg
      File size:
      247.9 KB
      Views:
    • 474.jpg
      474.jpg
      File size:
      206.3 KB
      Views:
    • 418.jpg
      418.jpg
      File size:
      165.4 KB
      Views:
    • 417.jpg
      417.jpg
      File size:
      164.4 KB
      Views:
  29. got a call back and i guess these era of mini bikes came with 3.5hp tecumseh engines so engine is wrong and so is seat, for this frame. frank guessed it was maybe a Bird or Pinto mini bike due to frame configuration but i guess their was thousands of manufacturers back then making these, thanks frank!