Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The Race of Gentlemen, 3rd Annual.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Apr 15, 2014.

1. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Call the beach terrace motor inn. They have a huge parking lot. That's where I'm staying and she told me the parking lot will be available for a fee for campers 1-609-522-8100

2. Thanks. That's what I'm looking for. Are they within walking distance?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

It is about half mile or closer. Anything with in viewing distance was booked.

4. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Gents.
    Here was my submission for the race !

Attached Files:

5. Taking Respect

Taking Respect
    from New Jersey

From what I saw last year people in rvs just posted up in hotel parking lots. I'm sure someone can help out a little more then that but since it's off season there wasn't many rules or people cracking down on things of that nature.

6. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67
    from J Town

Man that car is so bad ass!

7. ..................................................Anyone else considering taking the ferry?

8. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

Anyone know of any hotel rooms available near by?

9. Wildwood has a lot of hotels. We got rooms at American Safari and they seemed to have plenty left.

10. I booked a room at the La Voyageur last week. Good proces, high ratings, and it's just around the corner from the host hotel (StarLuxe). A short walk gets you to all the non-race activities (car show, music, food, etc.) and is a short car/bike ride (or nice stroll) to the breach for the races!

11. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

12. wagoon78

wagoon78
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Anyone coming out from southern California with extra room on their trailer? Prefer enclosed if possible. Let me know.

13. Finally got around to purchasing my tickets for the weekend. Room booked at the Starlux, weekend passes purchased, guess I should get my transportation back up and running. October is starting to creep up pretty quickly!

14. ELD

ELD

gwhite, blindowl and nosdan like this.

15. I don't think you will have a problem. There were lots that aloud parking for mobile homes. I'd google and start asking. Your guess is as good as anyone's.

16. Bud, check with Clayton's Hot Rods or Lars with that original So Cal roadster. They are talking bout dragging them out and need another car to fill the truck.

17. legion

legion

Does any one know what the plan is for getting handicapped spectators on to the beach? I would like to bring my father, but he has a wheelchair.

18. 666

from New Jersey

I know there's places in town that rent beach wheelchairs, with the big wheels and all. I'm just not sure they're open as this is technically after the season is over. Possibly do a quick goggle and make some phone calls. That's probably you're best bet.
    Other than that, usually the local beach patrol has atvs and whatnot. But I'm not sure the possibility of them giving any rides.

19. I've seen the beach patrol/ life guards give rides to the surf to people that need it. Might wanna call your hotel and ask them (if you're renting)
    -Pat

20. When I grow up, I want to be an Oiler :)

Great job, fellas! Already planning a trip up next year!!

Speedy Canuck likes this.

21. Legion! We have you covered my friend. No worries.

There will be help ready for all elders and folks in wheelchairs.

I can't promise you will get around easy on the beach in a chair.

I will speak further with the city and report back. I'm still waiting for my big meeting myself.

Wheelchairs was on the top of my list.

CrazyUncleHarry and scarylarry like this.
  22. Racers!!! Email me today if you want your race jerseys.

Payment is due today. You can text me if you have my number for the info, or email me at [email protected]

Pay up sucka!

These jerseys are sweet!!! We designed them our selves. A combo of two different styles from the thirties. Custom Trog patch on front. Your race number sewn on and all!

Pay today or be the odd man out. Pretty sure every racer said yes as they were not mandatory.

Thanks all! Pass the word to your fellow racer whom may be asleep from building after hrs.

See you at the beach

23. All racers need to check in for a little but strange surprise. You are all being invited to a VIP party in Manhattan on Sept 25th if you can make it.

We shall toast in your honor!

CrazyUncleHarry and MrModelT like this.
  24. They do run year round Don. I'll be going up and around though. Shorter for me.

Attached Files:

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  25. MrModelT

MrModelT

Oh bummer :( Mike and I won't be anywhere close to Manhattan by the 25th. Sounds like a swingin' party, wish we could be there...

26. Brian C

Brian C

Paid in Full!!

27. MrModelT

MrModelT

Paid up in full as well. The Jersey was a must have!

CrazyUncleHarry likes this.
  28. [QUOTE="OL 55,They do run year round Don. I'll be going up and around though. Shorter for me.[/QUOTE].........................................................Thanks, Andy.

29. Don, I'll be on the Friday 2pm ferry! Maybe I'll see you on the way over!

Posted using the HAMB app on my iPhone.... How's that for traditional!?!?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  30. blindowl

blindowl
    BANNED
    from MASS

Just sent the chedda