Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Who' going to Hersheys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Aussie 48, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Aussie 48

Aussie 48

Hey guys ,im flying over from Australia to go to Hersheys,who's going might be able to catch up there,any imformation on the swap would be good.....

2. Bring your best walking shoes and have a great time.

Aussie 48 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. ..............................................What he said.........and stay hydrated. Bring lots of cash.:)

Aussie 48 likes this.
  4. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

rubber boots, rain gear, winter coat, short pants & T shirt. you don't know what will happen there. but its great no matter what weather.

Aussie 48 likes this.

5. Any other info you need, PM me. I live 5 miles from the event, and have been going for over 35 years!

Aussie 48 likes this.
  6. i'll be there! with the "37kid" "Ronnieroadster and "mallomike".

7. Aussie 48

Aussie 48

Thanks for the advice guys

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. What about me and The O word? WTF See you there! Also with 37Kid.

9. glad your going. didn't forget, just wasn't sure you and the "O" were going.

Aussie 48 likes this.
  10. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cabover and I will be there. Dan's been a car guy his whole life and has never been so I'm proud to enable it. We're at CU51-57, sort of "kitty corner" to the big Drake tent. If you started on Tues (set up day) and walked it all until Fri night, you still won't see it all. It's perhaps the biggest meet in the country, maybe the world. You'll be a bit more than amazed.

Aussie 48 likes this.
  11. Aussie 48

Aussie 48

Have heard its big and I can only image its size, i'll try my best to see it all but I know it will be big

12. The37Kid

The37Kid

This will be 45 years in a row for me, stop by C4J 41-42 say hello and leave parts for day storage. Day time is for shopping, you don't want to loose any time going back and forth to your car with parts. Bob

Aussie 48 likes this.
  13. The37Kid

The37Kid

Aussie 48 likes this.
  14. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lets try a picture of it (from 2007). This was taken on the Saturday of that year which is the day of the car show. The car show can be seen at the bottom of the picture on a grassy field. In the swap area (that monster paved parking area) most of the vendors are gone or packing up. Enjoy...

2007hershey.jpg

lothiandon1940 and Aussie 48 like this.
  15. noboD

noboD

Make sure you stop by Nicko's pizza at the walkway from chocolate to Green field. And go to race car certification on Friday in the stadium.

Aussie 48 likes this.
  16. 5window

5window

1. It always rains part of the time, bring a rainsuit and plastic bags
    2. It's a lot of walking-bring good shoes and comfortable socks_I recommend Smart Wool socks and Exofficio hiking underwear-you can walk it in a day ( I have and I'm 65 but I walk a lot) but you can't spend a lot of time looking. It's about a good 15 mile hike-sadly, now all paved.
    3. Stay hydrated. Bring sunblock, snacks, money and a camera
    4. Very important. The Flea Market needs to be seen on a weekday-very little remains on Saturday. But, the Judged car event is Saturday-when all the really well done,finished and rare cars will make an appearance. So, you need to plan on at least a weekday and Saturday to do it right.
    5. Make sure you have a place to stay before you come. Hotels/Motels abound and it's easy to get to Hershey, but most everything close will be booked up
    6. Admission is free, you pay by the car to park, and it's not bad ($10-12). Best car show deal in the USA
    7. Make sure you take in the AACA Museum while you're in Herhsey. It's close by the show and worth the trip. Look around at the airport,etc., you can usually find a discount admission coupon
    8. If this is your first trip to central PA, you should also try to get over to see the Gettysburg Battlefield. A very amazing/tragic battlefield park.
    9. If you're there Friday/Sat, even though there are few vendors, walk through the area-people throw amazing things away-I've gotten some pretty cool stuff that folks just don't want to haul home.
    10. Make a list of what you need before you leave home. It's at Hershey if it's anywhere.
    11. It ALWAYS rains, bring a rainsuit

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  17. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

If you are into vintage race cars, the Race Car Conditioning Run is held in the stadium on Friday at 11:00 AM. All race cars make at least three laps to qualify for judging. And yes prepare for any kind of weather. I have attended every year since 1968 and have seen everything from snow showers to monsoon rains, (last year), and 90 degree heat. Most of all, have a great time!!!

Aussie 48 likes this.
  18. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

Aussi 48 theres 36 miles of vender rows or what you would call booths in Ozz.
    Best to start exercising now by walking each day try to get those legs ready for the workout thats going to be taking place. See you in October

Aussie 48 likes this.
  19. Aussie 48

Aussie 48

Thanks for the advice yeh,we flying in on Monday and get to hersheys Tuesday

20. this year planning on keeping the spot opened late...may need help emptying the cooler.

4t6ford likes this.
  21. The37Kid

The37Kid

Oh, here is something that hasn't been mentioned, transporting large items across the country. One row over from us there is a fellow with an empty container. He somehow charges a fixed amount for a portion of the container, them the whole deal gets trucked to California. Don't know who he is or the cost of things but it may be worth looking into if you plan on buying some large bits. Bob

Aussie 48 likes this.
  22. The37Kid

The37Kid

Yes, my son in law may bring a grill this year along with the enclosed trailer. Last year after Hershey we took a detour into Maryland to pick up a crated wood stove on the second floor of a house. THREE trucking companies walked away from the job. This year same place same time and we get to move a Grand Piano. Got to fund the car projects somehow. Bob

23. GregCT.

GregCT.
    from CT.

tb33anda3rd- I got your back with that cooler operation thing.

4t6ford likes this.
  24. i knew i could count on you.

25. Aussie 48

Aussie 48

Thanks Bob,that might come in handy....the plan is to buy something large ...lol

26. The37Kid

The37Kid

If it has four wheels, maybe now is the time to set up things with one of the major haulers. Horseless Carriage is always setup in the Chocolate field. The buyers from Europe seam to hit the fields Tuesday and Wednesday and scoop up cars from all eras. Bob

27. Aussie 48

Aussie 48

Ok I'll see have to get in contact with them yeh looking for a stock 30-31 model coupe

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

28. Help Empty Cooler??:rolleyes:

29. ThumperNZ

ThumperNZ

My wife and I are coming over from New Zealand for Hershey, hey its only 16,000 miles! Hoping it's better weather than last year, but I enjoyed it anyway. You need to be fit, there's a lot of walking. The advice about clothing and wet weather gear is sound. Use all of the days, there's no way you will get around in 2 days. Luckily, I have a AACA local member to go with. When you get in, take time to study the catalog of vendors, that way you can cut to the chase quicker.

4t6ford, burnzy37 and Aussie 48 like this.
  30. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

If you are flying in from Australia you might have some time after Hershey to visit the Eastern Museum of Motor Racing in York Springs, it's not too far from Hershey.

Aussie 48 likes this.