Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T How many HAMBers own Vintage Tractors

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lostn51, May 10, 2009.

1. Fighter-of-Wars

Fighter-of-Wars

Our farm never got rid of our vintage tractors, kept some running, some sitting in sheds.

3 Farmall B's, 1 parts, 1 stuck, and 1 i'm restoring with high compression aluminum pistons. All bought new
    1 Farmall Super MD, starts on gas runs on diesel, pulled it out of the barn after sitting for 20 years and it fired right up. Bought new.
    1 Farmall T-340 Been in family since new, still use it to clean the barn out.
    1 JD 80, only made 3250 of these, G'pa bought it bout 10 years back.
    1 JD A, got a 3pt post hole digger on the back. Dad remembers Great G'pa talking about unloading it off the train when new
    1 JD 60, been in the barn years, stuck.
    1 IH 560 Diesel, with an IH wide front.
    1 late 40's Lima dragline, still works.
    1 1968 Cat D4, still gets used in the business.
    Many other 60's and 70's tractors but there not worth mentioning here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9LGurjHeRw
    [​IMG]

2. 55 John Deere Model 40 smaller tractor, but not too small, PTO 3 PT .

3. That JD 80 gives me wood. The biggest 2 cyl in the known world. Uses a Toyota size motor just to turn it over, sort a! Want to sell it?

4. jipp

jipp

5. 1950 John Deere "A". Power-Trol and Rol-o-Matic.

6. Little Terry

Little Terry

I'm going to revive this topic with some info on my latest toy. Been looking for one of these for a long time. This one turned up locally.

1946 series 1 Field Marshall. It's a single cylinder diesel and it ran first try after 20 years under a tarp.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1408780153.997964.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1408780249.047919.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. unklgriz

unklgriz

We received my father in laws '53 Ford NAA with 270hrs on it for a wedding present 3yrs ago. I'm in the process of cleaning it up to use on our place. This was something that my wife wanted for years after her Dad died, and her mother finally let us have it and she thought we were nuts for wanting it instead of something new. Well, some people get it and some don't.

8. Dave Downs

Dave Downs
    from S.E. Penna

How did I miss this one the first time around?
    All of mine are Farmall
    1939 F-20
    1944 M
    1952 H
    3 - C's, one with a 'pipe-frame' loader, 2 with 'Fast-Hitch' (Farmall's 2-point answer to the 3-point, did not catch on..)

All of them run and and are used 'hobby-farming'

9. Sold my Farmall H about a year ago. Had a 6' belly mower under it to finish cut my back field.

10. oldcars.acadia

oldcars.acadia

1959 Ford 841 with Elenco 4x4.....Doing a wheely

Attached Files:

11. 58ducknut

58ducknut
    from ohio

I have a 52 Ferguson TO 30 , I use it for deer food plots. Nice old tractor .

caseywheels likes this.
  12. I'm going to need one in the future when I move, starting to do research now.

13. Król

Król

My 1952 Farmall Cub. Owned for 37 years, use it year round to mow lawn, haul firewood and plow snow. cub2.JPG

14. JackdaRabbit

JackdaRabbit
    from WNC

Mine's a 1960 Oliver 550 gasoline, about 40 horse. It came with a loader which was about useless without power steering. Sold off the loader and use the tractor for brush hogging and snow removal.
    [ Stanley1.JPG

15. Moby

Moby
    Member Emeritus

AC G gas with hydraulics (cultivating) - early 50's
    AC D14 gas high clearance (cultivating) - late 50's
    IH 504 diesel high clearance (spraying) - 70's
    IH 84 Hydro diesel (transplanting, light work) - late 70's
    Case IH 885 diiesel (hard work) - 1984, our newest tractor
    IH Hydro 70 diesel (400 gallon saddle tanks, needs engine/trans rebuilt, for sale) - 70's
    MF 65 diesel w loader (good tractor, for sale) - 60's
    Sky Trak 842 telescopic forklift (awesome for moving heavy car parts/bodies!)

This isn't a collection, they're just tools we use on our 65 acres of cut flowers.

16. 2935ford

2935ford

Does "used to own one" count....??
    I had a '49 JD MT row crop.........bought it cause I like it.....had no real use for it but it sure was fun to putt around on.
    I drove it 20 miles home when I bought it. Wow, sure get a great view of things at 20-25mph.
    The fellow I bought it from got worried knowing I had never owned nor drove one in my life. He came out checking on me about 10 miles into my run home. Ran out of gas about 1 1/2 miles from the door. Cell phone took care of that but had several people stop and ask if I was Ok!

17. caton462

caton462

We chose this 52 John Deere B for our shop tractor because it turns inside the building, will never have a bad water pump (does not have one) and the clutch can be replaced without splitting the tractor into two pieces. This thing gets used every week. john deere.jpg

18. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

My father bought a new 39' Farmall A Cultivision..I think next size up from the Cub of Krol, post 103..Came with magneto ignition but had it converted to electric start a few years later...I still have the mag around here someplace..Full time farming up to 48', part time till 63', teenager me mostly home garden [some sales] and snow removal till about 70'..Since working full time got tired of garden and just used for snow removal, by 71' got a snow blower and mom sold the tractor...Later years the battery was junk so used to jump it with a big 6v lantern battery and use the old crank from the mag days..Sigh...

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  19. Moby

Moby
    Member Emeritus

20. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Sweet stuff.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

21. tractor for the driveway 001.jpg We bought this Famall last winter it aint fancy, some one got the grill, markings and lights but for $1,300 dollars delivered it does the job of scraping our long mountian drive way.After i get the 56 buick wagon done i will start on this one.Bruce.

Attached Files:

22. SHOP PICTURES 008.jpg SHOP PICTURES 008.jpg When we 1 st got the tractor i didnt know you needed weights for it. Check out my weights on the back.I welded a bar across and just piled on the big rocks for weight and strapped them down .Hey it works lol.Bruce.

23. paleot

paleot
    from louisiana

I have a 52 8-N with a Sherman 3 speed auxiliary, takes care of 4 acres and has lifted several flatheads in and out for me! Also have two torn down for parts if any one needs some.

24. Camm

Camm

I have a 49 Oliver row cropper

25. funk 49

funk 49

I have a '54 wd45 with a prototype engine. At the gathering of the orange I was told this
    engine was one of 17 headaches.

26. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

I have a '52 Ferguson TO 2085 that my grandfather bought new. Also have a '53 Massey Harris 33.

27. I have a '53 Ferguson TO30, I use for the brush hog.
    Love the old tractors.

28. I had a IH 300 industrial that was a beast. Had a davis bucket & rear blade. I used that one to build a house & do grading & building driveways for others.
    I now own this piece of history. I is a beast but in a different way. Has tiller steering a & hand operated blade. Try steering,grading & working the hand throttle all at the same time plus using the foot operated clutch. It is a 1947or48 Gibson

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  29. Ddooce

Ddooce
    from Memphis Tn

I used a Ford Dexta for many years = basically a diesel engine 8N with a clutched PTO. Great little tractor. Advancing years dictated power steering so it left home to be replaced by a Kobota - the Lexus of tractors.
    If you are new to tractors you should be aware of the dangers of non live pto when mowing or bush hogging if you buy a earlier tractor.

30. willymakeit

willymakeit

If 2 wheels work .I have a David Bradley my Dad bought new in 1962.