Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Heading back to Pebble...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Aug 14, 2014.

1. sham56

sham56

I'm lucky to live here in monterey county and go out and see these cars every year. Wish I would have appreciated them when I was younger and not skipped out on the historic races and other events for so many years. I got to meet with and talk to Peter Brock this year-awesome!

2. Choptop

Choptop

The Pebble Beach Concours has ALWAYS had post war cars and post war cars have won BOS before.... so whoever is was that was complaining about "another car show 'caving'".... puuuuuulllleeeeeze. The first PBC Best of Show winner was a 1950 Jag. Other post war cars have won BOS as well. True most BOW winners have been pre-war, but there is no rule about it having to be that.

Been going every year since the mid-80's, never fails to live up to the billing or be worth the price of admission, no matter how much the ticket costs.

3. These shows are really about the cars and they are
    spectacular. I belonged to The ACD for many years while I had my Cords It was great fun, when things got stuck in a Cord transmission the folks that new how to fix them in the motel parking lot got great respect from the ones that couldn't. The photo taken of competing cars identifying all the "Correct" things was another story, that got entertaining in a whole different way as things were very competitive down there at the end of that camera lense. Well worth going and being a fly on the wall, it's great stuff. JW

4. seatex

seatex

5. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

About Highlander's remark about unusual paint colors at a Goodguise event:
    Already forgotten the teal/pink combos that the flamed-shorts sports were touting?
    Short memories abound about Goodguise events... LOL

6. pooboy

pooboy
    from SoCal

Went there in '84 when Ferrari was the feature marque and hope to go back next year.

7. Haaa. That's funny!

8. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No, my memory isn't short and I recall (with measurable disdain) the easter eggs and pro street cross overs from the past. My musings were much less about color and more along the lines (no pun intended) of doing a Joseph Urban scheme on something other than a Ruxton. I think it would cause a tremor of sorts, no? It would have to be done tasteful and refined with all the artist's license one could muster up. No rules in hot rods, right?