Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Vintage national trails information

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by shive62, Aug 22, 2014.

1. shive62

shive62

I have a couple pics of my dads 1940 willys running down the track. And a pic of the willys in front of our house, with trophys in front of car. Was looking for info. about his old race car???? Copper colored 1940 lightly red tinted windows. He towed it to the track with a then new 1966 ford galaxie conv. painted the same color 66 ford galaxie copper/bronce not sure of the name of the color??? Had ring free racing oils as his sponser. His anme was Dick shively from delaware ohio. His father had a studabaker dealership. Any help would be appreciated. Just came up with the pics. Going thru some of his stuff that was packed away in attic. He passed away suddenly in 1980. Thanks in advance Allen Shively

2. tmwracing

tmwracing
    from Ohio

3. Six-Shooter

Six-Shooter
    from Ohio

Allen,
    There's a Facebook group called "National Trail Raceway "The Super Strip" set up by a Dave McCauley. This group is for the golden years of National Trail Raceway "The Rader Years" 1964 to 1994. There's a lot of members in the group that may be able to help you with the info you're looking for. It's a closed group set up by a Dave McCauley. Try looking both of those pages up. If you're unable to do so let me know. I'm a member of the group and can post your request for you. Let me know. Good luck!