Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage **The Jalopy Jam Up 2014**

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jeff Norwell, May 19, 2014.

1. Awesome! It looked great:cool:

55gasserkid and Jeff Norwell like this.
  2. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

Im sorry I miss it fellas. Ill be there next year for sure, with the t-bird finished

3. Ooooo what are you doing to the 'Bird? Inquiring minds want to know:D

4. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

10575389_10152687308498688_2715980390993073576_o.jpg We traveled well into the night on Fri ..... Running from the boarder guards.....Helping fellow rodders make repairs....haulin ass north into uncharted territory...to make sure we All would not miss when the gates to hotrod heaven would opened......Jeff,Jay and Brandon....THANK YOU....You guys made the 800 mile journey well worth it....

5. Any journey would be worth it in that gorgeous, bad-ass car. Such a pleasure to see it at the show, and see it on the highway home too.

It's in the paint shop, and it's going to be amazing.
    Brent, you missed a good one, mark that calendar for next year.

Ok, I'm hearing some rumbling that at least some of the SFCC might make an appearance next year... Canada may never be the same.

6. Just tell them to bring their own socks!!!

7. What a blast! You can tell this one will only get better as it grows. Here are a few pictures my girlfriend took of our trip heading out, having a great time there and heading home. I cant thank my American friends Tony, Steve and Gary enough for giving me some road support on my maiden voyage. All in all it went well... I busted my clutch linkage about an hour and a half away but Tony showed me how to drive it with no clutch."Don't worry, I have a spare Olds starter." Luckily the owner of frontier ghost town had a welder there to get things back together. Other than my 6x2's linkage slipping on the way home it went great. Two stupid things I didn't look over in the thrash to get it going for the Jam Up! Of course Tony drove by as I was adjusting the linkage on highway 6, pulled over, laughed at me and we took off home. I CAN NOT wait to see what next years Jalopy Jam Up will be like.

Jeff Norwell and Speedy Canuck like this.
  8. See you next year!

Jeff Norwell likes this.
  9. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Congratulations, Jeff, looks like it cound't have gone better! Hey, the rain makes for atmospheric pictures!

10. Anyone got more pics? 32 Chevys give me wood....enough to fill a sock!

11. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Lemme take a quick look and see what I can dig up!

12. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Many thanks Tom!

13. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Tony… you are most welcome.. we really app. the effort and of course seeing you…more than you ever know…And i speak for all the fellas.

14. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Larry..Many Thanks for the huge support and being there!

15. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

A few remaining pics from our pal Gray Shilling..Many thanks Gray! Screen Shot 2014-08-21 at 9.28.14 AM.png Screen Shot 2014-08-21 at 9.24.10 AM.png Screen Shot 2014-08-21 at 9.27.32 AM.png Screen Shot 2014-08-21 at 9.31.35 AM.png Screen Shot 2014-08-21 at 9.28.55 AM.png Screen Shot 2014-08-21 at 9.24.38 AM.png Screen Shot 2014-08-21 at 9.24.53 AM.png Screen Shot 2014-08-21 at 9.23.22 AM.png Screen Shot 2014-08-21 at 9.25.12 AM.png Screen Shot 2014-08-21 at 9.25.42 AM.png Screen Shot 2014-08-21 at 9.27.18 AM.png Screen Shot 2014-08-21 at 9.26.37 AM.png Screen Shot 2014-08-21 at 9.25.57 AM.png

55gasserkid likes this.
  16. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

And a heartfelt Big Thanks to the Hamb.. for letting us spread the word of this first endeavour …Thanks All and Ryan,…. Thanks buddy.
    Before all three of us left Frontier Ghost Town we sat down and reflected about The First Jalopy Jam Up. Needless to say, we are still in awe of what was accomplished in a short amount of time with the help of our families, friends, and all of you.

First off, we would like to thank our combined families and friends who stood by while we met throughout the year, hashing out plans to create Canada's First Pre-64 Traditionally Styled Hot Rod and Custom Car Show. Without your love and support this dream wouldn't have gotten off the ground.

We also would like to thank all those participants who took a chance on us and pre-registered ahead of the actual show! We really appreciate that you believed in us and you helped us make the mark months before the show even happened.

We also would like to thank everyone that made the rainy journey and registered on the day of the show and the general public who stood there with us with smiles on their faces as rain poured all around the beautiful traditionally styled Hot Rods and Customs that sat on display last Saturday. I personally won't ever forget hearing someone in the crowd say "They just keep coming and coming. I have never seen something like this before. It is like this show is a magnet!"

We would also like to thank our sponsors Mothers Wax, Performance Improvements and Interstate Battery.
    Like the participants of the show, Cliff Waller from Mothers Wax, Bob and Rob McJannet and Mike Bennett from Performance Improvements and Joe Kiss and the Promotional team from Interstate Battery took a chance on us and whole heartily threw their support behind us with swag and support through the planning of The Jalopy Jam Up.

A big thanks goes to Chuck Vranas from Street Rodder Magazine, Terry Denomme from Canadian Hot Rod Magazine, John from The Department of Style and Mark Sergison from North American Hot Rodder for covering the show in a number of different print, electronic, and social media aspects on the day of The Jalopy Jam Up. We appreciate all of you being in our corner urging us along with your support and wisdom.

We also can't forget the independent vendors that decided a long time ago when it was just an idea to get involved. Guys like Marc Chezepock from Art One who mounted a few beautiful prints for us of Jeff's hot rod art or Danno Druin who pin-striped a beautiful panel for the draw table, barbers Jonathan Roth and Tristan Amour of Crowsnest, and Mike Piotrowski from Old Skool Kool.

Thanks goes to all those that made long distance trips from Eastern and Western Canada and the United States. When I asked a guy what made him come to the show he said "To be apart of something new and special and because I love to put miles on my Hot Rod!" Great response!

One group that we can't forget to thank that brightened up the rainy day and who played into the night in the Saloon were the musical artists. Thanks goes to The Hellbent Rockers, the Royal Crowns, and The Millwinders for playing on the day of the show. You guys really know how to bring music and the car culture together.

Special thanks goes to guys like Dan Couture, Rick Medland, Glen Mason, and Keith MacIntyre that became so passionate that they literally built or finished cars that met our criteria just because they wanted to be part of the happening.

A shout of thanks goes to Neil Lounsbury and Ivo and the staff at The Grill for feeding everyone with unbelievable great tasting food options that none of us have personally have never seen being offered at any type of car event before in all three of our car show experiences.

Thanks to The Lead Kings Car Club. Sheri Roberts for running the store for us this year and the people that at the last minute stepped up and took initiative and helped out on the day of The Jalopy Jam Up. We also can't forget Rob Purcell of The Miller Group and Steve Filsinger from Sign Needs too.

As the dust settles on The First Jalopy Jam Up Frontier Ghost Town now sits quiet. Gone are the Traditional Hot Rods and Custom works of art on wheels, the laughter of people in the rain with big smiles on their faces as they make new and rekindle old acquaintances and the musicians have now gone too. The town now is empty of the spirits. The spirits of the people that made The First Jalopy Jam Up a success. The only thing that prevails now is the chorus of crickets singing about the long dog days of summer that are now soon to end too. Jeff is back working tirelessly in his studio thinking about how time flies while Cindy and him also busily gets their daughter Maddie ready for her first day of high school. Brandon is back home in Cambridge with his wife Sheri willfully participating in WWF style wrestling matches with his son Ben on a nightly basis, and my wife and I sit in the woods up north away from the noises of daily grind of the cityscape ready to celebrate the first birthday of my daughter as loons mingle across the lake. Three different guys leading three different lives. One thing that is close to the surface and on all of our minds is The Second Annual Jalopy Jam Up. We are already making plans. So again, from the bottom of all our hearts thank you once again and stay tuned! You won't want to miss the next one!

Jay Tyrrell, Jeff Norwell and Brandon Roberts.

17. bgbdlinc

bgbdlinc

.....and one last word...."...it WAS epic...."

Jeff Norwell and 55gasserkid like this.
  18. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

You guys finally brought this theme to Canada, over the years I have attended many, many shows across North America . One of my favourites was The Lone Star Roundup, with the venue of the JALOPY JAM UP and the great cars and mostly the Participants I now have a New Favourite Show. If you need any help with distributing literature for the JAM UP in Barrie area, just let me know and it will be done. Larry

Jeff Norwell likes this.
  19. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

Finally got to a computer to say thanks to Jeff, Jay, and Brandon for making the Jalopy Jam Up Possible and making it the great event that it was! You can bet the Crew from Buffalo will be back next year with more tagging along! It was one for the books!

Jeff Norwell likes this.
  20. RobertDip

RobertDip
    from Candiac

The 'buzz' is in the air.....secret meetings going on to carry a raid on the Jalopy JamUp '15.

Attached Files:

Jeff Norwell likes this.
  21. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

You guys have some dynamite ammo for next year Robert…. fill the War Chest!!!!!!

22. Sorry I missed #1 but I promise I will be there with the '57 this time!

Jeff Norwell likes this.