Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage IRON INVASION the Chicago land Hot Rod Custom & Cycle show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coolstuff, May 27, 2014.

1. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

2494 edit.jpg Here is an image of one of the feature buildings we have at Iron Invasion. If you have a ride that should be inside one of the buildings, please email [email protected]

2. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

aftertherain.gif after the down pour!

3. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

4. Crazy Legs

Crazy Legs

Looking forward to it :)

5. TheFish

TheFish

You know I wouldn't miss it Coolstuff!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. ...lookin forward to another Invasion;....here's a sneek peek at a "woodart" board I'm donatin to the art auction...
    [​IMG]

coolstuff and bobwop like this.
  7. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Sam - your art is always cool man! Thanks for all your help over the years - it is truly appreciated. For those that don't know - not only is this guy a talented artist, he also heads up the Tin Butchers Swap meet at our shows!

8. ty johnson

ty johnson

just booked my room. ready!

9. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This ride has a twin sister that resides in LA. It makes the good runs in Austin, like the LonestarRoundup and the REVOLUTION. A real survivor.

10. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Gassers welcome at Iron Invasion! 2013gasser.gif

11. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Charlie is always driving his rides all over the country. Iron Invasion is no exception. Thanks for the support over the years man! promoshotCharliegif.gif

12. LONG

LONG

C2s.JPG

another Pic. pic stolen from Fresh Foto. Charlie is cool dude.

13. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

promoshotabove.gif another shot after the down pour last year

14. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

promoshot2013againgif.gif
    we have no problem with putting a for sale sign on your ride - in fact there are a lot of cars that get sold at our shows.......... We allow all cars to be a part of the show, but we do have segregated parking. If your ride doesn't quite meet entry guidelines then everyone will see your ride in the friends parking area

15. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

16. ...speakin of the swapmeet,...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
    bobwop likes this.
  17. von zipper

von zipper

Looking forward to it!!! My rides from last year. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

18. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

National M!otorcycle Museum always digs out some really cool stuff from their archives to bring to the show! If you are ever on the east side of Iowa - it is worth checking out. In Anamosa IA

Attached Files:

19. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

SMITTY TO THE RESCUE! Fellow gearhead Smitty, is going to let anyone that wants to camp an RV, vintage camper, or primitive camping, have access to his 3 acres. There is some electric available and this will be for both Friday and Saturday night. Smitty is already organizing a caravan to and from the show and pre party. He has about 25 spots available (perhaps more if your spot is small) Please do NOT call him before 830 am or after 830pm. His spot is north on 47. It is 15 minutes from the fairgrounds. Donations to Smitty can be ironed out with him directly. Iron Invasion is posting this as a courtesy and has nothing to do with this camping area or how it is managed. For details call Smitty at 815-790-3274

Attached Files:

20. Trent Oros

Trent Oros
    from oreana

what time are they giving away the chopper?

21. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

dirtygloryGIF.gif
    the Ironhead will be given away around the awards ceremony (around 530PM) - MUST be present to win and winner has 60 seconds to get to the stage!

22. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Seems people are losing sight of WHY we do the Iron Invasion.... Proceeds from the gate go to Helping Hannahs Heart Foundation. This is a 501(c)3 non profit designed to help families with kids that have congenital heart defects. We hope y...ou will join us on Oct 4 as we present The Essl family with some much needed financial support. They have had some major surgery over the past few months and it's time we try to help them out as best we can. It is only a $10 entry to Iron Invasion and this entry automatically gets you 1 ticket to win the Harley-Davidson Ironhead Giveaway Custom Chopper. So not only are you going to be helping a great cause....you also get a chance to win a cool motorcycle. Rain or Shine! McHenry County Fairgrounds in Woodstock IL. If you are on Instagram follow us at #vintagetorque See More

Attached Files:

LONG likes this.
  23. DirtyDan

DirtyDan

This will be my first time at the Invasion. Booked my room last night. Looking forward to it. I was a little bummed to see that the Lions swap meet in Morris IL is the following weekend. I would always hit that up after the HCPU.

24. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

For those that need camping, Harley Davidson of Woodstock is offering some limited camping at their dealership. If anyone needs info, call them direct and ask for Ashley. Once they are full, Smitty still has plenty of room on his 3 acres. (see post above)

25. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

ironinvasion2013rainvoodoo.gif yes - it rained last year..... a LOT. It didn't stop the hardcore from coming out to the show. Seeya there this Saturday!

26. Raty 64

Raty 64

Is there a site to make a donation? I would love to make it but already have plans to go to Mecum the next weekend and cant get more time off. Great cause, looks like fun and I'll definitely be there next year. -Jeremy

27. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

28 hours until we roll out from KS, wish we were bringing a kool car but things is what things is. :) See you there folks! If you are attending and want some kustom photos of your car, contact me I'll cut you a deal.

28. is there assigned handicapped parking or entrance?

if some one drops me off, is there a walk in entrance?

29. is it ok to pull a trailer brhind my coupe if the trailer is holding a 34 harley vld. or do i need to disconnect everything and park the trailer. i would like to keep it all together as a package. this is how i haul my bike if it needs hauling. the bike is a amca senior judjed bike. it would be nice for everyone to see.

30. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I can't imagine there would be a problem Brian. Sounds like an awesome display