Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Help with identity of odd parts attached to my new 37 chevy frame

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by knotheads, Aug 19, 2014.

1. knotheads

knotheads

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg I did a little horse trading for a 1937 chevy coupe frame that has been hot rodded some time in its distant past. The front axle and differential has been swapped out along with engine and trans. I bought the frame to correct some early 80s bad decisions I made( pre aftermarket mustang II swap ) Non of the parts in question really matter for the direction I am going with the frame but curiosity has got me. Due to the nuts on the axle shafts I am guessing the differential to be early ford or mopar. notice the odd steering arm mounting to the spindle on the front axle. Any help

2. squirrel

squirrel

The rear end is mopar 8-3/4 from the early 60s I think. The front...I don't know, but it's not chevy......my first guess is Ford Econoline van.

3. fordor

fordor
    from Finland

I think the front end is a Ford F1.

Peter

4. squirrel

squirrel

I think you're right.

5. Has some value, then, doesn't it? At least for brakes for an early Ford rod -

6. 41hemi

41hemi

Yup, that front axle is 48-52 F1. Those spindles will work on 28-48 Ford front axles.

7. knotheads

knotheads

Definitely not a chevy front axle
    8 3/4 was my first guess on the differential . Due to how
    Thanks for putting me on the right track, after squirrel said the front axle might be econoline I did a google picture search . The steering arms looked right but the backing plates were different . F1 was close but again the backing plates were different , from matching google images I think the axle is 42 - 47 ford pick up. Thanks to all for the help.