Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Anybody got any history on this car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TimHarrison, Aug 19, 2014.

1. I recently came across this beautiful '27T saved on my computer but have no idea where I found it. Has anybody got any information or anymore pictures of the car?
    Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.
    Denis0245.jpg

Muttley and kiwijeff like this.
  2. BurnoutNova

BurnoutNova
    from USA

Never seen that one... but it is awesome! I bet someone here knows about it.

Pretty wild artwork on the front also

3. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Plenty sure that was in HRM...Lets count minutes till answer..

4. It was featured in the July 1958 issue of HRM.
    Built by Al Andrave and Jules Caralho, it ran a 292 c.i. GMC with a 12 port Horning head.

Mick

302GMC, turboroadster and loudbang like this.

5. It can't be a real hot rod, it dosent have a V8! Lest that's what people say about mine, haha. That's gorgeous, and I need to know more about this great hot rod. Thanks for sharing.

Edit. I Googled the mag, but couldn't take a screen shot to show here. It has a pic of Kent Fullers yellow dragster on it. I would like to see some color pics of this roadster.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  6. Car was built in 57. And engine was brought from the Aries brother's. I see Jules had posted on Hot Rod forum back in 07, that he had pics of the build, but nothing after his post. Sure hope we can get to see em.

7. 71 minutes...not bad Mick.

8. marshall

marshall
    from tacoma/wa.

Love that car

9. Squablow

Squablow

This thing looks like it's all business! Check out the ribbed front tires, and the rear slicks which are surprisingly narrow, even by late 50's standards. The polished magnesium wheels actually look right at home on this particular car, which is a look I typically don't like, but I love it here. They even polisehd the back sides! And no front brakes, must have been a terrifying ride!

10. Just checked in to see if anymore info had surfaced.
    BTTT.

11. firingorder1

firingorder1

I remember the article and if the memory hasn't gone completely that car had to coolest set of exhaust pipes. Loved it as a kid. Still do.

12. Car still exists, in 'Lost Hot Rods' Pat Ganahl wrote about its post HRM history car was bought in '59 and converted to a street roadster.

Attached Files:

kiwijeff and HEMI32 like this.
  13. firingorder1

firingorder1

Those are the pipes!! Thank you. Brings back very happy memories.

14. $um Fun

$um Fun
    from Nor Cal

I found that car in Los Angles needing a restoration, with most of the parts still intact. It was converted to a street car and led a rough life though. I decided to thin my collection a bit and sold the project to Pat Swanson about six years ago, I believe he still has it.

kiwijeff likes this.
  15. Was the grille art still with the car ? Strikes me as the car that either Dean Jeffries or Von Dutch painted up......with the grille art plate worth a mint.....and hanging on a garage wall somewhere....separate from the car sadly. Is this the same car ?

16. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

17. $um Fun

$um Fun
    from Nor Cal

The Dean Jeffries grill insert was not with the car, though I have heard rumors that its still around. I found the car in La Canada CA, (the name escapes me, but he has all the '32 Fords there) the drive train ended up in Don Ferguson's collection. I bought both and put them together. Pat is on here, and may chime in.

loudbang, Jimmy B and kiwijeff like this.
  18. Wow. You're a saint man. To reunite those particular items just never happens......now to recall the grille art locale. I do remember a snap of it hanging on a wall somewhere.....but just can't pull that memory from the dust pile.....of my noggin'.

19. CGkidd

CGkidd

I have seen the car at Pat's place didn't realize it was it when I saw the pictures of it earlier.

20. marshall

marshall
    from tacoma/wa.

Pat sold it to a guy in Stockton Ca

21. Wow, thanks fellas! I really wasn't expecting anything to turn up! Those pictures from the article are great, thank you so much for sharing them! I'd love to see some colour pics if anyone has any!