Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Does the HAMB really need another shoebox build thread?

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Big A, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Eric H

Eric H

Yup! That would do it. Great job man.

2. Still clawing my way forward at a glacial pace. Did a bit more welding, hammering, grinding, swearing, filling, sanding and painting. The headlights are looking pretty not bad, as long as you are looking at poorly lit, blurry photos... from a distance...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm actually pretty happy with the way the trim rigs fit. They took a lot of swearing...

[​IMG]

The Driver's side is off by about 1/8". Damn peaks. I'll be tweaking it this weekend...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I might be getting to the end of my list of modifications... except I still have the grille to work out... bumpers... interior... not to mention none of my doors or trunk lid are properly aligned yet... :rolleyes:

3. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

Chrysler headlights? They look great.

4. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

"Glacial pace"...........Canadia.............Me likey!

5. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Swearing...Thats pretty familiar to me too when working with the car.I guess its a good thing to not have a kids.I should always have to make sure that they are wearing ear plugs when daddy is working...
    Anyway,headlights look great,Andrew!

6. looks good, but damn that garage looks like a great place to drink a few beers :)

stealthcruiser likes this.
  7. Chrysler? You yankin' my chain? '56 olds.

It would be... if any of the guys in the club would ever step foot in CANADA. I got beer on ice, come get 'em. :D

Speedy Canuck likes this.
  8. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

I would but I heard someone drank all the Steel Reserve. :):):)

9. Nice work. Good to see a few customs being built up here.:cool:

Eric H likes this.
  10. drtybiker

drtybiker
    from florida

How bout pulling it outside for some full whole exterior pictures for us ......this has come a long way and you are doin a great therough job with attention to all the little things in witch case makes the bigg things kinda work themselves out...

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. Saved you the Mickey's. Believe me, it'll be here whenever you get here, you don't have to worry about that.

I just signed up for the Jalopy Jam Up, so one way or another I'll be dragging this carcass out of the garage in a few weeks. I was hoping to have it in paint which is not going to happen, but at least I'll get it dusted off and washed up for the occasion.

12. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

The headlights are looking alot better. Nice job

It was good to finally formally meet you on Saturday

13. Andrew the shoebox is looking more like a custom everytime I check this thread. If you wanted a '56 olds, you shoulda bought Tony's. :)

stealthcruiser and Eric H like this.
  14. 4Prosales

4Prosales
    from Annapolis

image.jpg Big A .... Thanks for the documentary... I spent hours going through your work and just thinking of the amount of work that goes into do a shoebox correctly, chop, windows, vent windows, garnish, doors... The list goes on .. There's nothing like having the rear windows down when cruising well worth the time...lol LOOKS AWESOME DUDE....

Little Jimmy...

Kage and daddio211 like this.
  15. Lookin' good Andrew! A bite at a time, eh. The Jam Up should get ya fired up, I'd like to be there for that one!

16. Well I busted ass to make it look slightly more presentable for the Jam Up. My pal Larry came over and did a shitload! of work to help get it there. We managed to get it all sanded down yet again...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I got the bumpers, exhaust and lights hung in roughly the right places, and sprayed a coat of single stage epoxy. Fun and flippin' games, amateur painter in a dusty, cramped garage, I ended up with a horrible "paintjob", so Larry came back and we sanded it all down...

[​IMG]
    But at least it was semi-roughly-presentable for the Jam Up. Panels held on with single bolts, the hood held on with zip ties, the skirts hanging by a thread. Nothing lines up and it is still rough as hell. I'm the only guy at that show who was thankful for the rain, it made my car look better than it has in years...

[​IMG]

If nothing else, it gave me a boot in the ass and got my car out of the garage for a couple of days. Now I'll blow it apart and see if I can get things a bit more right.

17. Way to bust ass man! Inspiration for sure, looks great. Confirms your vision.

18. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Looks great,Andrew!
    Looks like you are on the finishing line with this build.

19. Eric H

Eric H

Very cool! Nice to see it outside.

20. It was awesome to finally see this in person. Despite your opinions, it really does look great up close. I can't wait to see you driving it to the Jam Up next year. Driving it. Right? :D

21. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

Love the front end mods!

22. Damn, i love checking in on this thread and seeing what you doing. Car looks rad!
    Looking forward to a ride one day..down here or up there...we'll just have to see

23. Way to go man! Love the tail lights the most.

24. Hell yes.

Thanks for the comments guys. This weekend I'll clean the garage, regroup a bit and get back on the horse. Gotta figure out why the hell my hood won't fit, and do something about the nasty hood hinges that don't work worth a damn. Then, the rest of the list...

25. olcarguy

olcarguy

Bad hood hinges on a fifties Ford. Like droopy boobs on a 62 yr old lady. They go together, live with it or get a hinge job......8)

stealthcruiser and hacknwhack like this.
  26. Ralphies54

Ralphies54

Congratulations on the showing, did you drive or trailer it? Either way I'm sure you were a proud papa getting your baby out in the fresh air. Keep at it, it's going to be one of the customs our grandchildren will be reading and raving about.

27. Woogeroo

Woogeroo
    from USA

oh wow, got it out of the shop... way to go!

*thumbs up*

-W

28. drtybiker

drtybiker
    from florida

The front is fantastic to me that is the cats azz ........

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

29. It's a challenge to come up with something different on a shoe, that also looks good...

NAIILED IT!

Sent VIA top secret BIGREDTODD Mobile HQ

30. Yours is one that appears to have fallen victim to the lack of notification of new posts for me a while back. Just now seeing it. HOLY SHIT THIS THING LOOKS AWESOME!!! Keep on it man! I hope everything is going well. How many feet of snow do y'all have so far this season?