Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage CARavan to the Frog Follies

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SSKINNER, Jul 27, 2014.

1. SSKINNER

SSKINNER

Hey Ya'll,
    I'm going for my 1st Frog Follies this year. I'm heading to Nashville Tn. on Thursday and will be heading to Evansville on Friday morning. I was wondering if anyone else was going from that area or along the way and would like to hook up on a convoy heading north between Nashville and Evansville.. I have a lot of confidence in my truck, but you can never tell what might happen. I'd feel better with some other H.A.M.B's around. Looking forward to meeting Ya'll. ROOOOAD TRIIIP!!!!! WHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

2. You'll love the frogs, I lived on Evansville for years and let me tell you, this is a great show. Usually a good swap there as well so bring plenty of greenbacks. Make sure to hit up bandanas BBQ in town. Please post some pics of your trip, hope you find a caravan.

3. Tacson

Tacson

SSKinner I probably wont be up until Saturday morning. I live southeast of Nashville about 25 miles. PM me back and I will send you my cell number in case you need a hand. Maybe Thursday evening I could come and have dinner or something.

4. I attended my first show last year. All I have to say is you are in for a treat! Im coming from NW IN on Thursday morning. We should set up a HAMBer meet up.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

Will definitely be up on Friday morning. Been going over 20 years. If I could only do one show a year this would be it. We will be leaving West TN and traveling through Western KY.

48 Poncho

6. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I will be coming from the north, Indianapolis area via Terra Haute, meeting up with old friends and HAMB members from Illinois and Missouri. We park at the top of the Hill, underneath the big tree at the north end of the blacktop in front of the registration building. Green 48 PU, black 32 coupe, red 32 coupe, orange 34 sedan, purple 41 chev coupe and more. Look us up. Could get together there at noon on Sat for a HAMB meeting.

7. You guys help me get the dates right: Ia it this coming weekend (15-17) or the following weekend (22-24)? Tim

8. kb cookout

kb cookout

IT's the weekend of the Aug 22-24

later kb

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  9. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

At our monthly cruise night-last night, I was told that the U.S. 41 exit at highway 64 is closed. We are going to have to figure out where to get off of 64 coming from the east. If you past that exit, it's about 6 or 7 miles east to the next exit. Anyone have an ideas? Also, be advised, the Holiday Inn Express at that exit has closed. It is now privately owned and is undergoing renovation. If you or friends have been staying there, I urge you to check it out before you arrive. As Fat 47 stated, please stop by for a visit. We always have snacks, beverages and tales of the road.

10. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Correction, we are coming from the west. We will be eastbound on I-64. Can we get off at the exit prior to U.S. 41?

11. Sounds like a plan.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. Gman0046

Gman0046

Frogs one of the best rod runs in the country. No Ripoff there. Great swap meet. Best restaurant is the Hornets Nest right near the 4H center just across HWY 41 a mile or so. Great Prime Rib and Steaks.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  13. henry29

henry29

I believe the exit from west I 64 on to 41 south is open.

14. henry29

henry29

Looks like both south exits are open.

Attached Files:

• i64.jpg
      i64.jpg
      File size:
      75.8 KB
      Views:
  15. I stay just over the line in Illinois, looks good coming east then south on 41, but leaving I don't see a west bound entrance ramp onto 64, do I have to go north past 64, then do a u-turn and enter 64 westbound from the north?
    I see that if I turn left when leaving the fairgrounds I can take a couple of back roads and come out at the next exit west of 41. I don't like to run strange back roads at night though.

16. henry29

henry29

It's better to go past the interstate and turn around at the pilot gas station.

17. Sam,
    I'm thinking about getting off at the exit before 41, on Hwy 65, heading south to New Harmony Road.

18. Boonville new harmony rd off 65 (cynthiana rd) will lead you right to the fair grounds. It'll be a lot better traffic-wise coming in from that direction.

Not a big fan of the hornets nest myself. The log inn would be my first choice for out of towners, but the wait can get long. If your in a Mexican mood. Los tres caminos, right in front of the fair grounds on hwy 41 is hard or beat too.

Any of you out of towners that run into any trouble send me a message. I've got a shop with a lift at my house about 2 minutes away.

Maybe we need to have a thrash party! My trucks getting close to road worthy!

19. ripsrides

ripsrides

I'm going up Saturday.. The fontanel mansion has a cruise- inn on Thursday nights just out side nashville live music, grilled hot dogs, and nice Italian restaurant on site. I hope to be home Thursday night so I will PM you my number if ya have any problems while in area..

20. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Henry 29, thank you. We will be traveling on Thursday, 8/21. I may ask again on this thread Wednesday afternoon before we leave to ensure that the off-ramp hasn't been closed again for construction.

Brett, we usually leave Rolla around 7:00a.m. and lazily make our way East. That puts us through St. Louis just after the rush. We generally stop at each and every rest area along 64 and visit/ B.S. with other rodders/froggers throughout the trip. When are you traveling? Sam

21. I'll be roarin up Hwy 44, to Dad's house, on Thursday night. We'll more than likely meet up with a few guys in St Charles, early Friday morning, and make our way towards E'ville. I'm sure we'll end up stopping in Mount Vernon and eating, so I don't expect to get to the Follies until a little after noon, on Friday.

22. SSKINNER

SSKINNER

Well after 2 1/2 months the truck finally made it out of the garage under its own power. I pulled it in the shop after a Memorial day car show and one thing has led to another and another and another. Trying to finish a couple more things today. But, I'll be there if I have to push it. If you see me along the way stop and say hey. We'll be leaving Nashville Friday morning up I-24 to 41 see ya there.

Attached Files:

• 024.JPG
      024.JPG
      File size:
      586.6 KB
      Views:
    bchrismer likes this.
  23. 36DodgeRam

36DodgeRam

We'll be leaving early Friday morning in my truck. Taking 67 south to 41, then south to Evansville. Anyone else run this route? It's the scenic route. :)

24. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sam,

I will make up a HAMB sign and get some name tags for a Saturday at noon get together. All HAMBers and friends are welcome. West end of the parking lot in front of the registration bldg. By the big tree and porta potties.

walt

25. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Sounds good Walt. I'm really looking forward to it. I'll be bringing the required materials for our customary toast at 2:00p.m. on Saturday.

26. ripsrides

ripsrides

So anyone else going to frog follies?? It's a great show

27. steveplym

steveplym

I'm heading over there on Thursday. 15 years straight for me. Best pre-'49 show in the country.

When we went to the nationals a couple of weeks ago I-64 exit for northbound Hwy 41 was closed. When I get there on Thursday I can report on which one is closed if either is still. Boonville-New Harmony road is nice and smooth, kind of curvy, but you can access it from hwy 65, on the west side of 41, or I-164 on the east side of Hwy 41.

28. paintcan54

paintcan54

The wife and I will be leaving out Thursday after noon heading west on 70 to 41 south. See everybody there.

29. ripsrides

ripsrides

I will be driving up 41 tomorrow will check exits but were open last Friday

30. They were all open today...