Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sunday models

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by milo1303s, Mar 16, 2014.

1. I like it the way it is. I subscribe to it and its always there. That way I can read any new post with out going thru all of it. I never post but read it almost daily. really enjoy it. Some talented builders on here.

2. Wondering if someone could help- Scale Auto Enthusiast did a set of sketches of the 55-57 Cameo when AMT first released them...

Anyone know what issue those sketches were in, or would be willing to post them?

Thanks, Bill

3. Here's a quick tape mockup of whats on the workbench at the moment.

Monogram "classic cruiser" '32 3 window coupe. Paint is GM "Capricorn" Mica green (after having some issues with the candy apple red we were originally going to use and having to strip it back). Wheels are box stock with parts bin tyres, engine is a blown nailhead from an unknown kit (it came out of a built '40 ford sedan delivery but I don't know if that's the original engine for that kit). Other than that the kit is pretty much box stock.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Thumper

Thumper

A 51 Henry J I'm putting together after 45 years. DSCN1177.JPG ... DSCN1175.JPG DSCN1178.JPG
    Gotta build headers for it.......the ones for it got lost years ago..

5. froghawk

froghawk

Good looking Deuce, Fuzzybear. That Nailhead is indeed from AMT '40 Sedan Delivery kit. FWIW, I like the dark green,

Thumper,
    the Henry J looks promising! Keep at it.

Been tough to get to the bench
    lately, but did get a little bit done on the Bonneville.
    Scribed the panel lines where the front fenders meet the cowl...
    [​IMG]

Starting shaving off the fender ornaments...
    [​IMG]

Got the headlights, taillights, and rear bumper back from plating at Little Motor Kar Co...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also had Dale plate the dash and steering wheel to save foiling work down the line!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Zed likes this.
  6. philo426

philo426

7. 35ChevSedan

35ChevSedan

My first try after over 40 years....... :)

Attached Files:

• FT1.jpg
      FT1.jpg
      File size:
      195 KB
      Views:
    slack likes this.
  8. froghawk

froghawk

Great color on body and hood of the '40, Philo. What paint is it?

Nice clean build, 35Chev!

9. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

Froghawk, your Poncho is awesome. Can't wait to see the end product.

10. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

Got the '61 done. Now it's time to get back after this one. DSCF7576.JPG

Thumper likes this.
  11. Thumper

Thumper

Cool pickup Bob...reminds me of this one i built.
    DSCN0965.JPG

BONNEVILLE BOB 95 likes this.
  12. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

Nice truck Thumper. The one in the background looks interesting.

13. Thumper

Thumper

oh..you mean this one..
    DSCN0966.JPG

14. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

That's kool Thumper. The cab n bed for my deuce p.u. came from a similar build. Sorry, no pics of my high boy.

15. Olson

Olson

Good stuff...glad to see the Sunday Models tradition is still going. Having it all on one thread? Not so sure about that but I'll try to keep an open mind.

John, the Pontiac is cooking along very nicely! All that fresh chrome...yum.

I've been very distracted from building lately. Pain level are keeping me slow as dirt, but I'm actually making some headway on the big kit (the '46 Ford). I have picked away at this hauler a bit, though. Not much left to scratchbuild...tanks and tool/cargo boxes, rear hitch and spare carrier structures for under the deck. Then the rest can go together as called for out of the box...with an extra detail here and there, of course. Oh, and add the winch that I built for under the stop-rail. Need to paint that and the winch up too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Coyote56 and BONNEVILLE BOB 95 like this.
  16. Thinking about the 5 spokes from AMTs 40 Ford sedan with the "stock" tires in front and slicks in the rear. Or maybe something like this.
    501.jpg 502.jpg 503.jpg

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  17. froghawk

froghawk

Thanks, Olson!
    That hauler is awesome! Great color combo and very crisp paint work that helps the details pop. Sorry for your pain – hope you get some relief and get back on the 1/1 scale soon!

18. Flamed48

Flamed48

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1408321105.240179.jpg
    65 chevelle in 96 chevy dark pearl

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

19. philo426

philo426

Okay!I primed it with Neutral gray,airbrushed it chrome silver followed by Copper.I then airbrushed 5 coats of Tamiya clear orange.

20. Managed to get some primer on the '39 Chevy panel as well.
    IMG_2183.JPG IMG_2181.JPG IMG_2182.JPG

21. Olson

Olson

Thanks John. I forget that I just use my real name here. You know me as Gluhead. The pain has been here almost 10 years. I don't think it's going anywhere, but I am better at dealing with it some times than others. Much appreciated in any case! Btw your old one (Poncho) sits parked another hauler project mock-up. It's wimpering. Something about being jealous because it knows I won't do 'er like you would. :D

22. carhunter59

carhunter59
    from blaine mn

Love this pontiac.. I've been looking for a hardtop to do myself but have only found convertables.

23. ClearSpot

ClearSpot
    from Michigan

24. Old Coyote

Old Coyote

.... have been on an "old" dragster kick here recently ........... thought I'd try to replicate (as best as I can) the first dragster I ever saw in person ............. Jim Nelson and Dode Martin's Dragmaster ........... won the first Top Eliminator crown at Amarillo Dragway in April 1960 ............... defeated Raymond Godman's "Tennessee Boll Weevil" A/MR for the title .............. I was a 13 year old kid seeing my first ever drag race, and I was hooked for life ............. here it is, the best I can remember from 54 years ago

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. Old Coyote

Old Coyote

..... the second dragster I have completed is John Milner's rail from the movie More American Graffiti ............. I knew this old MPC kit was going to be a bear, but I didn't realize just how bad it was going to be ............ this old beast fought me every step of the way ......... warped chassis, body panels that crazed when the paint job was stripped in the purple pond, decals that refused to separate form the backing paper and had to be cut loose using needle nose tweezers and a scalpel blade, etc., etc. ...................... I also replaced the horrible excuse of an engine supplied in the kit with a small block Chevy from an AMT parts pack

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. philo426

philo426

27. Fantastic Dragsters, Coyote
    Nice Fire Truck, 35Chev

28. philo426

philo426

29. Just repeating my question- does anyone have the sketches that Scale Auto Enthusiast did of the 55 Cameo when AMT first brought them out?

30. Flamed48

Flamed48

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1408494472.676022.jpg
    65 chevelle wagon and coupe