Register now to get rid of these ads!

56 3200 price check???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by redneckbatmobile, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Lol pulling it this week squirrel. Know you're right on there!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

All right I will reply ( so you see my avatar ) pull and sell that engine QUICK! Another old motorcycle guy, Gary

3. wex65

wex65
    from WV

Well,you know what they say about assumptions. :eek: Nah, just kiddin'. Will put it down to a simple miscommunication, all the best.

And...you are right, I don't have a clue what this is worth. Was simply saying it is worth to him what he is willing to pay for it. Sorry if that or the subsequent post caused offense.

4. Fact is, it's worth $600.00, that's what you paid. If you sell it for $800.00 then that's what it's worth at that time. After 41 years in the car business I can tell you that every car is worth exactly what someone will pay before the sun goes down, period.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  5. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

500 u can get that for scrap. low ballers and u aren't even buying it .

6. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

Around here it would be worth $400-$500 given it doesnt have a title (getting a title in NC SUCKS!) with a title I would say $800-$1,500... I did buy a '64 Chevy truck last July with a rebuilt inline and 3 speed at an auction for $300... BUT I did sell it in less than 2 days for $1500...

7. I'm trying to remember how many times I've had a car for sale and some tire kicker informs me I'm selling it too cheap and it's worth twice that much. They never seem to want to buy it and flip it though.......

8. In Illinois, without a title, it's nearly worthless.

$500 would only be if I could hide it long enough to strip it and crush what's left.

And if I'd been offered $550 for that driveline, it would have been gone before I posted...or slept.

Cosmo

9. Yea it gets negative pretty quick lol. The Indians are my prized possessions. So I do want to do those.

But I think selling the drive train to the one gentleman for that price is the way to go. Having the 327 in the wings and turbo 350s easy to find here I don't think that's a horrible way to go.

And I did like the idea of just re-titling it myself. That way there's no issues there.

I do appreciate the advice those guys thank you. I'm rolling the engine hoist out today to pull the drivetrain. If enough of my slug firefighter buddies make it over today I'll pull the cab and bed too.

Guess start at the frame.... Wish me luck lol

10. What you have perceived as negative comments are opinions of others..

If you can sell the running gear for more than you paid for the entire truck congratulations are in order,,you hit a home run.

The running gear here in South Carolina would only be good for scrap. HRP

11. I don't think anyone was criticizing the advice... I think we were more speaking to the "troller" claims etc. at least that's what I was speaking to anyway.

I appreciate people's responses good or bad. I posted the thread. To expect nothing but positivity would be naive on my part.

12. I sincerely wish you good luck with the project. Those are some very nice trucks when done.

13. squirrel

squirrel

I'd hold off on that, until you have a good plan for the truck, and most of the parts collected for it. It's easier to see how stuff fits when it's all together.

14. That brush guard (and it's mounting hardware) is worth a couple hundred on it's own :)

15. squirrel

squirrel

That's what I was thinking. At least it unbolts, right? The trailer hitch is a traditional work of art, too. They just don't build them like that any more.

The old trucks are fun to get running and driving "as is". They're sure attention getters, although they're not really beautiful, or even comfortable.

16. Mac any idea where I can dig up some info on the original brush guard and trailer hitch that's welded to the frame? I've been looking all over and can't find another truck with them. Are these pretty special? What would they go for to the right person in your opinion? Thanks for the help brother.

17. The brush guards were an aftermarket item offered by Chevrolet/GM in their accessory catalog. They show up from time to time on Ebay, and can run from a couple hundred in the same shape as yours (needs some straightening, some welding, and a good blasting or molasses bath), to several hundred for NOS/mint.

Check to see if you have some odd-shaped wedges of steel between the guard and the bumper- those are original and hard to find.

It's funny that your hitch looks a lot like mine as well- always thought that mine was a cobble-job, but I may have to look at that catalog again... :D

18. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

Scrap price unless you love it....I guess that can apply to most anything.

CurbFeeler likes this.
  19. Thanks Mac that's awesome info. I do in fact have the wedges it appears. Knowing all this has really changed my plans for the truck. I think that's awesome they're original equipment. I thought it was some farmer john do-it yourself add ons. Thanks again brother great info!!!

20. no.scar.no.story

no.scar.no.story

cab looks kinda rough...

21. txturbo

txturbo

I think you did ok. Your profile doesn't say where you are though. But here in Texas I just got a 54 Chevy pickup for free and so far it's cost me $785 to get a title.

22. Live in Virginia. They're pretty awesome when it comes to titles. I just got done with the process. All in all it cost me $130.

The cab is really rough and I prob will just use it as parts. I have access to a couple other cabs to swap out.

23. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

As I said from a strictly business point of view, scrap price.
    But it is not really a bad truck, it is buildable like it is. When a young mans dreams and hard labor get involved a very valuable vehicle can be made out of it.
    Sometimes in I'll see trucks like that go from $500 to $2000. Even if the buyer gets raped for $2000, in the end, if he sticks with it, he'll have a very good truck.