Register now to get rid of these ads!

53 belair questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53 belair 2dht, Apr 25, 2005.

1. 53 belair 2dht

53 belair 2dht
    from Nelson

Im trying to figure out what dual line master cylinder will work on my 53 without buying any expensive ass old man rod shit. I also want to do disks on the front and dont know what will work with my stock front clip does anybody know a good low buck tricks?

2. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

check with www.ecihotrodbrakes.com they have what you need in the way of an adapter to run a dual M/C and a disc conversion too. Oh...and welcome to the HAMB, lots of 53/54 Chevy guys here including myself

3. 54BOMB

54BOMB

Thats the best set up Ive seen as well.

4. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

my dad is running a corvette MC on his in the stock location.i think they sell adapters,but he decided to make it,

youll have to run new lines when converting ,,there was a reason why ,but i cant remeber ,,but it was something to do with the lines being Tee'd in together with the front and back or something

5. screwtheman

screwtheman

I'm interested in the ECI kit for my '54.

For the MC/booster, I've been eyeballing this item that regularly appears on Ebay. It's supposedly a "corvette style" and has 4 ports. At the risk of highjacking the thread, I'm curious about the quality of the item and clearance issues with the booster if I decide to get airbags. If anybody has experience/info, it's greatly appreciated.

6. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Dont buy from fatrodder on egay look at his feed back. Thats the same system every other rod place is selling and they will actually deliver you one .
    Dave

7. BlackFlag

BlackFlag

Huh, about a week ago I got a wiring harness from him, maybe its only some of the more costly items?

8. Tony

Tony

Good topic.
    I need to replace the master in my '53 too, and would like to go with a dual master...
    I checked the link above and the adapter they make is only for automatic car's....
    Anybody make one for stick car's, or am i just gonna have to make my own?

9. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

10. Tony

Tony

Deffinately give's me some food for thought.
    Thanks!

Tony

11. leadsled53

leadsled53

I got a flyer from this place Opie's Hot Rod Parts,they make mc adapter that retains stock pedals including clutch pedal only have phone#937 704 0956 no price listed

12. $110 for that adaptor, hope it comes with a blow job too.

I'm in the same boat, want a dual, but want to keep it budget!

13. Tbone

Tbone

I bought that unit from Fatrodder off the bay, he shipped right away and it looks like top quality unit. I even called him on the phone before I bought it and he answered all my questions. Just my little input

T

14. freiertpc

freiertpc

im using a dual pot and booster from an 85 buick skylark fwd