Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods CROSLEYS- Mild to Wild

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Spoggie, Dec 26, 2010.

1. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

This one ran in the Mid West,Sioux city,Omaha,Minnesota etc. .First with a Hemi under Nigg/Mahany.Then my dad joined them and they ran it with a Olds.I remember my dad as being a bit afraid of it saying it filled up with tire smoke and couldn't see where he was going,Enjoy,W (thanks Paul Hutchens for the B/W photos)

Attached Files:

Stogy likes this.
  2. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.

Yeah, thats cool hand luke. Be sure of that.

3. Thanks Rocky Famoso, Nochop & every cool cat who has run with this thread & posted. Amazed at the treatment & sheer number of cars.
    The Hot Shots make plenty of sense as a fun car. Hot- Rod- Garage & George Potter- superb results!

nochop likes this.
  4. Rework of OP;[​IMG]

5. 296ardun

296ardun

Some from the George Klass collection:

5627392.jpg

Stogy likes this.
  6. 296ardun

296ardun

7. 296ardun

296ardun

8. 296ardun

296ardun

9. 296ardun

296ardun

10. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Went threw this whole thread and didn't see a pic of my stocker.. Crosley 029.jpg

11. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

It looks like a new-born '39 Buick! It is already exhibiting the likeness to a dead fish that makes '39 Buicks so cool to those who, like me, appreciate weirdness in cars.

Doesn't it look as if it has just accidentally stumbled through a gap in the continuum of space-time and is unsuccessfully trying to figure out what just happened? Or, in the words of the inimitable P.G. Wodehouse, as if it has been hit behind the ear with a stuffed eelskin? Love it!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
    Stogy likes this.
  12. Thanks 296Ardun (amazing), SebFontana & Ned Ludd.

Seb, you have a fine example of a time passed, a cute little time machine. Must be fun to go shopping in?

13. Here's my Crosley. And my GE. Keeps them cold. Sorry,couldn't resist.

Attached Files:

Spoggie likes this.
  14. Crosley Hotshot that was up on a shelf at Harold LeMay's original museum in Tacoma Washington, was supposedly a Bonneville record holder of some sort?
    Crosley Hotshot LeMay .jpg
    And a Crosley Scorpion just because it's so damned sexy...
    Crosley Scorpion.jpg

Spoggie likes this.
  15. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

If you look close at my avatar you can see my usual companion..Its fun to go any wheres in but has its bumpy road/traffic/speed limitations..I stick to roads that don't have more than 50 mph limit, mostly 35 mph back roads..Have to learn to ignore people who are irritated because you not doing 60 in a 40 zone...Mostly I take the dog for short rides to the woods for a walk or sometimes to a dog park, average 10 mile round trip or/and for simple errands...Once in a while to a car show [ they need a trophy for biggest dog in smallest car] up to 70 mi round trip and some local cruise nights when I don't take one of my Hot Rods.....Every one gets a kick out of the dog/car [I don't think I add anything!] and maybe couple thousand cell phone pics have been taken..And you are right about the time machine as when I was 15 I had one exactly like this one and a dog almost as big.....Sold it when I moved on to big cars but always had a soft spot in my heart for them..So when I was about a year away from retirement [55-9yrs ago] I thought I should be a kid again and found this one..The car had been restored and sat for twenty years..I fixed mechanical [if one doesn't know how a Crosley goes together it can be messed up in a heart beat] issues as I found them and have had the car on the road for about 5 yrs/4000 miles.. .Trans is a crash box [miniature model A] and I can almost row it around like I could when I was a kid with out the crashing!! Yep, cute little time machine..

16. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

Seb : I understand what you mean: I learned to drive 'stick' on one of these ('48 wagon), learned my 1st complete rebuild on the motor ; was my 1st hot rod(cheapest rod I ever built!!); I still miss it, but not practical in Central CA( too many freeways, not enough low speed connectors) ; No way I'd ever think of attempting to use it on a CA freeway, unless I built it as a super lightweight '60s SCCA -H/mod 'clone' with an old 3/4 midget 'ragged-edge' 90+ HP motor!(probably wouldn't be 'traffic-friendly', but a lot of fun on a curvy road!)

17. camerl2009

camerl2009

theres one for sale here that is on a tube chassis and I set up as a gasser

18. Król

Król

Love to see Seb go by when mowing my lawn with my 1952 Farmall Cub. Time passed scene for sure.

19. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Both ways Fred; I go by and see you on the Cub and think of the 39' Farmall "A" Cultivision my father had that I spent many hours on working the fields....Sigh....

20. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

A quick one. Lowered, added Minilites and wheel-arch sheetmetal from an Austin-Healey:
    [​IMG]

Tuff Tin likes this.
  21. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Cute!!! I got some Aluminum 13" sloted Ansens been saving for it..

22. FlynBrian

FlynBrian

[​IMG]
    Here are some 49 Crosley projects I picked up, the lil blue pickup is a old late 70's build, it has a 76 toyota corolla rear axle and it had a toyota hemi head 2tc running gear, I pulled the toyota engine and tranny and have it stored, the lil truck is actually made from a wagon, whoever did it did a pretty good job converting it, there are some things I will redo but it isn't a bad job. I am going to put the lil pickup on a early jeep cj3 frame with a model a front straight axle and a shortened 8.8 rear that I've done, going to build a lil altered out of it, will be running a,chevy smallblock 327 fenderwell headers and a 4 speed. Just got to make some time to work on it.

[​IMG]

This is a lil 49 Crosley wagon that came with the truck a package deal, doors are inside it, missing the bottom tailgate, I will do something with it eventually. It's good yard art right now, lol.

[​IMG]
    Tailgate emblem is Cool says Crosley a FINE car.

23. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

Flynbrian : Check that PU closely, as the factory PU from Crosley was made from the wagon, & sometimes it's very difficult to tell if it is an original or a clone. Please don't assume that I'm trying to cast doubt : I had one of each (stockers) back in the day, & I think you are one lucky S.O.B. to find these two ; the only luckier way would be if they were original & complete 'Hotshots'! LOL !! Enjoy them!!

24. raymay

raymay

My Uncle owned a furniture store from the 30's to 50's and sold Crosley appliances. Crosley tried to get him to also be a dealer for their cars. Here he is checking out one of the little beauties they brought to town. scan0016.jpg

25. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

These things have the most wonderful facial expressions! This one is pining for the fjords.

26. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

27. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

bump : how about some really outrageous applications?

28. Futura63

Futura63
    from N/W ohio

Heres one I picked up in sun valley 20yrs ago , never got to it . Dads health went to hell so now she sits . Supposed to have a racing history but havent found anyone who knows the car . Any body here recognise the headlite treatment ? DSCF0025.JPG DSCF0025.JPG DSCF0030.JPG

Got it all and much much more !

29. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

30. Tman hello.... I am interested to if you know more about this photo. If that is the Al Mahaney I am looking for. I believe I have bought his old Mark Williams Dragster. I am trying to find as mush history as I can