Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1961 Ford Falcon four door RESTORATION

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GSEVEN, Aug 9, 2014.

1. GSEVEN

GSEVEN

Never mind scratch that question. Just looking at the two pictures it's obvious they are not the same, duh!

I guess this will have to be a custom fab

2. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

That doesn't look bad at all. Being from the northeast, that looks mint to me! lol.

3. Unless you plan on traditionally hot rodding the Falcon, then yes, according to the "Boss" you are on the wrong site. http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/the-h-a-m-b-rules-guidelines.44274/
    So at least tell us your plans to hot rod it enough so you'll be following the "bosses" rules and we can hear more about your progres.

4. GSEVEN

GSEVEN

Hey Carcruse,

Yeah no plans on hot roding. I wasn't aware I was in the wrong place.... Thanks for pointing that out. Ok I'll find a new home.

Here the last pics I'll post here... I got the motor and tranny out today.

Attached Files:

5. GSEVEN

GSEVEN

Lol well that's nice to know...you make me feel much better.

6. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

So a guy posts about a 1961 Ford car.
    This guy has little or no real automotive experience.
    This guy wants to fix up this car for his daughters.
    This guy wants it pretty much stock.
    So a few show him the door.
    I find that ironic with all the talk about of the "future of the hobby".

I will admit though, Gseven is being a little hard headed and all he has to say is, I'm considering a hot rod/custom.

The OP said he had no interest in hot rodding the car. As a newb maybe he does not really know what that means. Maybe he thinks it means big V8s, wheel tubs and 86 Jag Clips. One of Vic Edelbrock's last projects was speed parts for the Falcon 144 6cyl. Maybe the OP does not know a little Falcon with the original six can be a Hot Rod.

It's so early in the build I think the OP does not even know for sure where it will up. He did express interest in some Custom style tires. That brings another subject...Custom.

What makes a Custom? In my opinion when you stray from factory original you are in Custom territory.

As far as being a non Hamb Car, especially a mild era Custom, the issue is in doubt IMHO.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  7. Gasser_Dave

Gasser_Dave
    from St. Louis

I agree with F1. I am building a 1950 chevy that follows most of the "rules" of the forum but what I have planned for a sound system would shock you to the point of banning me immediately. I do not dare start a build thread because of the fear of a gang attack. It is approaching the behavior of Yellowbullet.com....

8. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I drive a Falcon, with a hot rodded 144. Haven't heard anyone trying to show me the door.

It too had a killer audio system.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!