Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tracking down a car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kwilli55, Aug 11, 2014.

1. kwilli55

kwilli55
    from PA

I am looking for help in tracking down my dad's old 1940 ford coupe deluxe. It was a chopped 1940 ford coupe, that was black with flames. It had an apple green frame as well. The car was in northeast Pennsylvania and was sold to someone in New Jersey, around the timeframe of 1990-91. If anyone has any information it is greatly appreciated.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. pics always helps....

3. kwilli55

kwilli55
    from PA

I found a pic, not the best, I am still searching.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1407888805.451296.jpg

4. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Not many chopped 40 Coupe's rolling around as it's a very tough chop to pull off. That should have you looking closely at any chopped 40 you come across in ANY color as there will be very few.
    From there you'd be drilling deeper looking at body details and chassis setup to see if it may be yours. What drivetrain was he running?

Any other distinctive body mods? Looks as though the hood top may have been louvered?

5. kwilli55

kwilli55
    from PA

It did have a louvered hood, at time of sale it had the old aluminum American racing slotted rims. Just a solid chevy 350 with a 4 speed and a dark green interior