Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The bucket of ugly! A de-uglifying thread...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Aug 14, 2013.

1. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Howdy ISME! Welcome to the H.A.M.B.s unofficial T-Bucket out post!

2. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

I think your problem with the phone booth pickup grill is it is out there in front of everything. That is what you get when you don't put your axle out front on a suicide perch. Different look. Actually it looks low enough. Well below the cowl. More roadster at Bonn.
    SANY0100.jpg SANY0102.jpg SANY0103.jpg SANY0104.jpg SANY0105.jpg SANY0107.jpg SANY0130.jpg

dana barlow likes this.
  3. missysdad1

missysdad1

What a nifty little project roadster. Like Chip's bucket, this one looks to have good 'bones but is in serious need of a make-over. If it were mine I'd be looking at the old Carrell Speedway roadsters for inspiration and theme. And yes, if this one gets a thread of its own I'll subscribe, too.

4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Nothing wrong with a '29 shell on a '29, nothing wrong with a '29 shell on a t either I guess, as long as you aren't trying to pass it off as "traditional" whatever the hell that means...:rolleyes: As far as the constant bashing on chopped deuce shells, well it seems bashing anything period correct is the in thing on the hamb these days...:rolleyes: "Hi, I'm a Hamber, I Hates me some fifties hot rods"

whiplash1923T and dana barlow like this.
  5. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I like this. Anyone have more pics?
    [​IMG]

6. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

The more I see of this little truck, the more I like it. Really grows on you, and VERY late fifties. LOVE the stance, perfect.
    Other than paint, I wouldn't change a single thing, and thats pretty unusual for me. Well, except for the molded rad hoses. Little shit like that just drives me around the bend. Not sure about purple though, I'd paint it a bright primary color, maybe ford goldenrod yellow? Or Omaha Orange?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
    dana barlow likes this.
  7. tlake

tlake
    from WA

Inspired and subscribed!:cool:

401-XR

8. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Check it out. Andy Southards PU. I actually like Southards version with the tall windshield better. Car was a nice dark mett. green with a red firewall, grill insert and wheels
    southard.jpg [​IMG]

9. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Gary, finally picked up the Rod & Kulture with your car in it, really nice article, congrats on some well deserved ink!

Can you please pm me bigger versions of the photos of the Model A pu with the olds, and the shortened red tub? Or I can send you my email, if that helps.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  10. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hey ISME, I think that first shot of your car was shot in a R.V. park up there in Washington. I'm guessing Long Beach, what used to be Thousand Trails, but It's very possible I'm wrong. Its also very possible I have parked my '48 Plymouth outside while I worked in that very clubhouse! Just for my curiosity, where was that picture shot?

11. brad2v

brad2v

I think that lil phone booth is terrific. LOVE the stance.

12. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

I miss Dan's truck even if it was a bit tight inside. Whether they new what they were looking at or not, it always got a thumbs up or smiles anywhere it went.

Not to sidetrack this whole thing although it is getting back to T buckets but any body got a good interior shot of the original Darryl Starbird Big T (not the model kit or recreation). Mostly interested in the shift knob. Pretty please.

13. jerry

jerry

New owner was driving Dan's truck all over Wendover! When I talked to him about it he asked if I knew Dan. Said he just bought it from him.

jerry

14. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

If no-one shows up with it tonight, I can provide one tomorrow.

15. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

16. Agreed - this one has a great look. I think it's the pronounced "swoop" like an early, low cowl T bucket body.

17. Actually I'm on the other side of the state. The picture was taken in Spokane. I will be taking the motorhome to the fairgrounds this coming weekend for the Goodguys show.

18. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Sorry LSA, I thought I had a pic of the interior of the Starbird T, but so far, i have come up empty.

19. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Thanks anyways. Can't believe how few pictures there are of it. You'd think they would have done a few shoots before they gave it away.

20. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Yup, tough to find pics of the original car! I was surprised.

21. jer11ren

jer11ren

I know I'm a couple days late, but to add to Chips story about our great young French trimmer/cook friend, here are the pics of my interior she just finished a couple weeks ago, her first complete job all on her own!

22. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Really nice red insides,in a super great looking 28A coupe,WOW

23. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

DAMN! Nothin wrong with that! Nice work!

24. missysdad1

missysdad1

Wow! That young lady's got a future as a trimmer! I've seen a lot of hot rod interiors in my day but can't remember many with more precise lines, fits and details than this one. Beautiful workmanship.

volvobrynk likes this.
  25. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

HEY! Any 3x2 updates?

26. verde742

verde742

what are those seats out of?

27. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Nothing right now, two of my bases were seized, and I'm very carefully letting them soak and loosen up. I am so busy right now with customer stuff that I haven't had time to do the change over to the finned drums and 12" brakes on the front either. The work days are a bit short right now because of the heat... Hell it was 114 in my shop yesterday.

28. jerry

jerry

ONLY! 114?

Try it out in the sun!

jerry

29. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Okay. Just checking. After the "disappearance" of my project/daily driver, my spare thoughts have all been on making my Bucket look better and go faster.

30. jer11ren

jer11ren

Thanks for the compliments, and sorry Chip, didn't mean to HiJack your thread. The seats are Procar VW seats. I had intended on having a bench made to be more period correct, but my was talked out of it by everyone that sat in the car before upholstery, the tuck and roll made them a good compromise, we put lots of miles on it with both the Misses and I driving so we kept 'em!