Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 39 Cadillac Custom

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by CadMad, Aug 8, 2014.

1. wow! You made that car much much better :D
    great job, good eye ;)

2. layedout49

layedout49

That's a cool looking car, looks a million times better with the new treatment !

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Great concept by Rik and great workmanship by you! I love it!

4. Magnus

Magnus
    from Sweden

Now that will be a cool ride, Love it. Kinda reminds me of Uncle Scroogies car in Donald Duck comics.

5. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

That's looking great. I like what you did with the tulip panel and deck lid, very nice work, and a good eye for making the line "right". Don't be like me, keep after it!

6. Torchie, At the very bottom of the page is a "more options" button, next to blue "post reply" button. Click on that and you'll find the two boxes, to check, to subscribe and get e-mail notifications. Ryan threw ALL of us a curve ball with this new fangled Jalopy Journal. Respect some of the older members whom navigate their way around these pages!! Hell, I'm only 50...going on 12. Ha Great build thread!! Green is brave and I love it!!
    JT

7. Man, this guy is good. "Choppin' tops in flip-flops".

Attached Files:

jakespeed63 likes this.
  8. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Mind blowing transformation ! The combination of excellent concept and excellent craftsmanship is a genuine pleasure to observe. Thank you for sharing your project here. Subscribed!

Ray

9. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

There is a second method.......at the top of the page.....to the far right and just below the thread title, it says "watch thread"..... Click on that and then a pop up shows with the option to choose email notification .....or not...done!

10. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have the same car and spent some time laying out this exact idea/design...I was going to make it a closed coupe...Nice job...

11. F-head

F-head

just checked out your thread on CCC
    beautiful work , cant wait to see an update
    B

12. greybeard360

greybeard360

Why is it when I look at the front end it screems..... Cord retractable headlights??

Chrisbcritter and jakespeed63 like this.
  13. CadMad

CadMad

Thanks guys, i'll post an update soon. Just had agood few hrs. Those are my "going out" thongs so I try to keep 'em clean.
    I have been seriously thinking bout Cord style headights. It is seriously swoopy. hidden headlights would only enhance the flow.

14. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey hey hambers. Love CadMafs Custom 39. In all due respect on my 39 I would not extend the doors, i would shorten the body 14 inches behind the b pillar , make mine a fixed roof , replicate CadMads roofline , eliminate rockers below the doors , trim lower fenders , drop it on an s10 running ,driving platform. , v6 mill. Shorten headlight buckets. , And a shit load of louvers...blanks and open,,,who wants to step up here in the USA and assist me or take this to the next level....LOVE THE HAMB...

15. You have an interesting sense of humour Choptop40.

Peanut 1959 likes this.
  16. CadMad

CadMad

rps20140815_062403.jpg rps20140815_062338.jpg Tidying up all the details now so the progress will slow. getting all the details right is quite tricky , so for every step forward I've had to walk around the block 3times thinking about it.Parade boot is hinged and cutdown 46 soft top will hide under. Once i get this detail sorted i can get back onto finishing hardtop.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  17. RAF

RAF
    from MA.

This car is going to be awesome!!

18. Beautiful transformation so far. I'll bet that metal work feels as good as it looks in the pictures. VERY impressive skills there! Thank you for sharing.

19. Really impressed with your vision and talent. I wish I had the skills and balls to tackle a project of this magnitude.

20. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Awesome build! Going to follow this one, should be good.

21. notrod13

notrod13
    from long beach

very kool , i almost picked up a coupe when I was looking at my chevy

22. 49_Caddy

49_Caddy
    1. GMB

LOVE where this is headed

23. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Welcome to SCHAPCO (the Select Club of Hoving-Assisted Phantom Convertible Owners). I love the concept of your car, and Rik has a great eye for the character of the car you're building. I look forward to watching its further development.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
    Olson and koolkemp like this.
  24. CadMad

CadMad

rps20140817_202918.jpg rps20140817_202953.jpg Spent the afternoon tidying up details. still lots to tidy up but small steps are steps nonetheless.
    Swapped the doors around to rps20140817_202805.jpg rps20140817_202841.jpg suicide cos I have space issues for tbe lock

25. Pete

Pete

Fuckin rad!!!! Absolutely cool, that's gonna be a head turner for sure.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

26. You did all that in an afternoon? I'd love to spend an afternoon at your shop!

27. CadMad

CadMad

Sometimes the biggest luxury is having no distractions. Put the roof back on for a trial fit and to see how it all looks. Pretty happy. Got to find some nice latches next. rps20140818_191420.jpg rps20140818_191314.jpg rps20140818_191156.jpg

cactus1 likes this.
  28. Just spent a few minutes, studying the front end, after reading the post about Cord Headlamps. Notice the two bumper guards that mimic the above original headlamps.:cool: these Cadillac engineers did not just fall off a turnip truck. They knew what the hell they were doing. Coffin nose Cord is amongst one of the top designs of all time. He may have something there. Chrysler Thunderbolt had a similar feature. But what do you do with the existing mounting flanges??? Would require allot of work to remove those. Or...just leave them ALL off and don't drive it in the dark. Ha:confused:
    Suicide doors and flip-up tonea cover, only add to the true elegance of this build.
    JT

29. john walker

john walker

i hope you use the original lights. the grille would look funny with that curved cutout where it clears the lights. or figure out how to extend the grille sides rearward. great project.