Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Re-pop Butterfly steering wheel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tkmark, Aug 11, 2014.

1. tkmark

tkmark
    1. 49-54 Chevy Cars

Can anybody tell me how the get the horn ring or center cap off this new steering wheel so I can bolt it on the car? (1950 Chevy) I'm worried I'm going to break something trying to get it apart. Thanks, Mark
    prd_lg_74.jpg

2. Press the center,hold down and turn,,not sure if it's right or left but it will come off. HRP

3. You might try pushing in on the horn button and turning it a few degrees one way or the other. I had a diiferent brand of steering wheel years ago, and that's what you had to do to get at the center hub.

4. DoubleJ52

DoubleJ52
    from Belton, MO

I have one of these on my 41 Chevy, it just pulls off has a snap ring around the inside of the center button for interference fit and then 3 screws hold the horn ring on.

5. tkmark

tkmark
    1. 49-54 Chevy Cars

Yep, thats all it was guys, I just wasnt pulling hard enough. I called the mfgr and they said they'd had complaints about guys going over a bump and the center cap would fly off, so they made them tighter. Thanks