Register now to get rid of these ads!

any hambers runnin restored or rodded a 39 olds post pics here

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by davesville, Jul 24, 2008.

1. davesville

davesville

just purchased one .love the shape and strong chassis.kinda rare over here need parts.hoping to see others for inspiration

2. ratster

ratster

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  3. davesville

davesville

its a great site lots of cool cars. but i want to talk with other 39 olds owners.what is hard to get .what improvements have you made.i know its not everyones cup of tea but most people drink coffee nowadays

4. You were going to send some pics weren´t you? :)

5. RocketRoach

RocketRoach

I have a 39 Olds 2dr sedan. All original straight and solid but rough. at least I don't have to fake that patina paint look:D. Havn't got around to it yet but plans include a 58 J2 to replace the six and try to keep most things original or original looking with the typical mods of lowering etc. Finding original or repop parts for this is tough so I see why most folks do the typical mail order rod part rod and strip em of most thier character. Good thing you are on the other side of the world or else I'd have to fight ya for the few parts out there. There's a big Olds gig this weekend in my part of town so I'm hoping to find some of those hard to find items. For example, my gas tank is swiss cheese so looks like one will have to be custom built. Now if it was a chevy.....
    Let's see what you have.

Attached Files:

6. I had a 40 coupe....[​IMG]

7. davesville

davesville

so there are hambers out there who actually own somethimg different a39 olds i did not think they were so rare in the states you are the only reply and i thank you for that:)

8. davesville

davesville

sorry ratmotor

9. NovaGuy70

NovaGuy70
    from Indiana

The pic with the fat whites was taken by the owner I purchased her from, the pic with the S10 wheels is from the day I purchased her. The pic with the Blue and California Suede is from the early 80's when John Ballard first built the car that the frame I will be using sits on. It is a 39 frame married to a 68 Olds Toronado front clip giving her a front wheel drive option. She will be powered by a Chevy 350 SBC with a 78 Eldorado 425 driving the front wheels. All exterior trim and dash will remain stock other than a 12 volt upgrade and a Oldsmobile 98 Tilt n Telescopic steering column.

10. I have a '37 Olds that I have owned for over twenty years. DSCN1337.JPG