Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Frank Livingston's "Oz-Built" '49 Chevy Fastback...

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Jonnie King, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

[​IMG]

To All My Friends here at the H.A.M..B. :

I've been a little under-the-weather lately, sorry I haven't been able to add much the last couple of months. Trying to get myself back-together so I can join everyone at the KKOA Lead Sled in Salina.

What follows is a great story from LONG-TIME HALL OF FAME MEMBER, Frank Livingston. He wow'd the crowd's over a decade ago when he unveiled his Pagan Gold, Oz Welch-built '49 Chevy Fastback ! It was very similar to his 1955-built '49 Fastback...but it was not quite a "clone"for a number of reasons. (You may have also seen it in Santa Maria for the WCK Event.)

Frank's an old friend, and the story about how the idea for this build was put together is just super-cool....and what he say's about the paint work alone is something you won't want to miss ! Simply Click-On-The-Link-Below and Listen !!
    http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage51.html

AND, thanks again for your kind eMails...they've helped me tremendously !

Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbc.net

dana barlow likes this.
  2. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

very pretty,love it.

3. 'Mo

'Mo

I love the car. Unfortunately, I no longer get audio from your site. :((???)
    Best wishes for your health, and thanks for posting.

4. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

'Mo...

Thanks for your kind words ! Sorry about your audio loss. Just make sure you have Adobe Flash installed on your Comp. (It's free) you should have no problems.

(Note: iPhones/iPods/iTablets can't usually download Flash...can't hear it on my iPod either...but, that's the way Apple set it up. Shouldn't be a problem on a regular PC though...I always double-check the Links on my Threads before I Post.)

Best wishes to you too, my friend,

Jonnie www.legends.thewwbc.net

5. 'Mo

'Mo

How about the rest of you guys... Do you get Audio on Jonnie's site? Anybody???
    (I have Adobe Flash.)

6. ev88f

ev88f

Working for me. I'm using google chrome if that matters

7. i get audio
    thats a pretty cool car :cool:

8. oh yea I'm using a MAC :D

9. I get sound and also use a Mac. Another great interview and a really nice custom. Plymouth grill fits perfect.

10. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Hi 'Mo...

Sorry about your Audio problem...don't know what to tell you unless it's in your browser.
    I'm listening to it right now and it's working perfect. I check the Site everyday for any problems that could come up...it's in its 7th year as of this month, and has run mostly smooth at all times. (Here's the direct Link again:
    http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage51.html )

But, I'm still sorry that you can't get it, because I'm working on some other new adds to come soon...and I hate for anyone to be upset, or, miss out on the Info & stories that these Legends document for all to hear.

Thanks again for trying though...hey, we're all in this together !

11. 'Mo

'Mo

Thanks, everyone. I'll keep trying, because it's soooo worth it!
    Jonnie King, you're still the best!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  12. 'Mo

'Mo

Tada! Changed to Safari, and am back in clover. Got some catching up to do, now.
    Thanks again!

13. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

'Mo:
    Knew you'd figure it out ! Cool !!

14. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

NOTE TO ALL...

I'm here in Salina for the KKOA Leadsled, and just got a call from Frank Livingston..

He & Kathy usually always make it here...BUT, Frank fell and fractured his Femur last month at Kevin Anderson's Indy Custom Show ! He's still got some pain...doesn't go too far right now.

He said to say "...thank to all of his Kustom friends" here on the H.A.M.B. And that he enjoyed doing the Interview as much as you enjoyed listening to it !!
    http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage51.html

Frank's a true "classic act", a good friend, and an has been an "Ambassador" for our Kustom Culture for over 60 years !!

Hey, if you're in Salina, look me up and say "Howdy"...I'll be here 'til Sunday.

15. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice, you can always tell Frank Livingston's cars as they always seem to have the just right custom touches without going overboard.
    I'll have to check out your web site but my home internet is worse than the worse dial up and isn't much good for sound or video.

16. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Mr48chev...

Thanks ! Got back from Salina late Sunday...missed Frank & Kathy being there this year.

You're right, his cars always have had a "class" look about them. Never overdone. And he's done many during the last almost-60 years...still has a few of them in his garage.

17. PistonHead88

PistonHead88