Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Billetproof Milan Michigan 2015

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hudson48, Aug 7, 2014.

1. hudson48

hudson48

As part of my proposed trip over to the USA I was going to attend this event and take the opportunity to check out the Ford Museum, 2 Hudson museums and the Gilmore Museum. Everything is close with one of the Hudson Museums in Ypsilanti and the other one in Shipshewana Indiana.
    I got some feedback that said I might be disappointed with this event. From the pictures I have seen of previous ones it looks very much like a Paso/Santa Maria type event. A good mix of hot rods and customs and the townships look nice. I think they also have drag racing in conjunction with the car show. We would like to stay a few days and do some of the other stuff before the event.
    After that we head back west to Santa Maria. May leave the car over there for awhile after we leave in early June and come back for the KKOA event in Salina Kansas.

2. GaryN

GaryN

Can't offer any opinion on the Billetproof event at Milan but I have been to all of the museums except the one in Ypsilanti and they are fantastic. The Henry Ford is a two day event if you want to see Greenfield Village while you are there too. Also you may want to consider the ACD Museum in Auburn IN while you are in the neighbourhood. http://www.automobilemuseum.org/

3. Billetproof was held in Ypsi and Milan Dragway hosted a Detroit Dragway Reunion the same day. A couple of years ago, in an effort to help both events, Billetproof moved to Milan. They are basically two separate events with Billetproof comprising the spectator side of the track and the Reunion using the pit side. You can buy a pass to cross over between events.

I think Billetproof has suffered some moving pains plus the weather hasn't helped . Also, a number of the older race cars that in Ypsi parked with the Billetproof cars are now parked on the pit side at Milan.

Both are still worth attending, in my opinion. Google "Detroit Dragwat Reunion" if you want more info. on that event.

There is plenty of car related things to do in the Detroit area both before and after the events. The only thing is that at that time of year you never know what the weather might be.

4. 31Apickup

31Apickup

You can check out the Sins of Steel car show in Davisburg, MI, usually early June. If you head down to Indiana, there is the Auburn-Cord museum in Auburn.

5. hudson48

hudson48

Well I have lots to do around Detroit. Ford Museum and Greenfield Village,Hudson museums, Gilmore Museum,
    and as suggested the Studebaker Museum at South Bend and maybe the Auburn Cord Museum at Auburn. So plenty to do and Billetproof can just fit in with all the other activities. I am sure I will see plenty of cars and have a good time.

6. hudson48

hudson48

Well it looks like I goofed up here. I thought the 2015 event was going to be on around the same time as last years event(mid May). I just happened to check out the billet Proof website last night and discovered it is in June 2015.
    Oh well as in the post above we have lots to do up around that area and it might give me an extra day to get over to Santa Maria. That is a long trip, around 2400 miles so five days would be good. I would like to stop for a while in Lincoln Nebraska and see Speedway Motors and Speedy Bills collection. Shame he is gone but at least his legacy lives on. I would like to get some feedback from members around the Detroit,Milan, Ypsilanti area to see if there is something on around the time we will be there. Arriving Monday 11th May 2015 and stay on till Saturday 16th May.
    Maybe some Friday or Saturday night cruises etc?