Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Vintage Photo Inspiration Thursday!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

Vintage Photo Inspiration Thursday!

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

ima33ford likes this.
  2. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

IMHO, a cool vintage thread is far less fun if the viewer can't save an image or two for reference. Can I, some how? Gary

dana barlow likes this.
  3. Always loved that shot of Veda in the #27 Roadster. What a lady!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  4. Have to wonder where ''Tugboat Annie'' ended up. Hopefully wasn't scrapped out for the war effort.

5. Here's an old pic I've had for @45 years or more. A friend used to own this killer 5 wndw. Tim

Attached Files:

6. Yeah, badass tow rig that shall be. Makes you wonder who spent the time to form all that metal. Can't be factory built? Or??????????????

7. seatex

seatex

Coolest Tow Truck. EVER! PERIOD!

8. silverdome

silverdome

You can almost see the air in that right rear tire in picture #11.

9. crashbox

crashbox

A timely batch of pix as I'm packing my bag for the drive to Bonneville.

10. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Found this out:

T
    his is one of the most unusual vehicles we have ever featured. We wish we could tell you more about it, matter of fact, we wish we could tell you much of anything about it! We thought it started as an International truck that was modified for the dealership. After a lengthy Internet search, we didn't know much more than when we started. What we did learn was that this indeed was a real vehicle, and Miller Motors really did, and still does exist in Mankato Minnesota.

According to Bud, the current owner, who was nice enough to take some time and tell us what he knew, Herman Miller started the business around 1924. He sold Fords until he and Henry Ford had a disagreement in 1930 or so. After that, he became a DeSoto - Plymouth dealership, and continued until around 1960, when DeSoto stopped producing cars. At that time, Bud and his father bought the business and continue to run it today. They specialize in tires and auto service.

[​IMG]

Bud also told me that he was familiar with the old truck, but it was gone by the time they took over the business. He confirmed that it indeed was an International truck chassis, and the body was fabricated by a company in near by Sleepy Eye, MN, which specialized in towing vehicles. He has no idea what happened to it, but was able to provide a picture of the truck, which dates from the early '40s and happened to be left behind at the shop.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  11. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

There's already a "Vintage Photo" thread with tons of photos.

12. Yeah,you and me both Don.

My Daughter grew up seeing that photo hanging on the wall in my old shop and had heard me talking a Veda Orr that she named my granddaughter Veda. HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  13. Damn threads peeking thru inspection on that safety check. Must of figured a Bonneville sweater would soon be made. It's unreal what these guys used to be able to run back then. Good luck trying to make it off the parking line with that today. Of course, if I had that in the parking queue, a six pack and a sticker would be fine with me anyways. Nice car. GOOD EYES Silverdome.

14. [QUOTE="HOTRODPRIMER,

My Daughter grew up seeing that photo hanging on the wall in my old shop and had heard me talking a Veda Orr that she named my granddaughter Veda. HRP[/QUOTE]......................That's so very cool.

15. flamingokid

flamingokid

So much eye candy I can't make a decision.It's a good thing that I don't judge car shows ;)

16. And now there's another, so what's your point.

Jive-bomber thanks for sharing what you knew about tugboat Annie, that would make a great Hot Wheel. If its cool with you I'd like to steal a print for my drawing room.

17. Muttley

Muttley

You want inspiration? How about a few shots my Uncle Bob's Three Window taken in 1953:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

willbe, lothiandon1940 and spiffy1937 like this.
  19. Muttley: That 3 window of your uncles is super cool!! Love to have one like that. Tim

20. Muttley

Muttley

Bell Gardens, California 1953. After this was sold off my Dad and Grandfather saw it a a used car dealer one day. The salesman told my Grandpa he could take it since it was still in his name. My Dad who was about 13 at the time begged him but Grandpa refused. Considering how tight my Grandpa was with money this is almost impossible to believe. I'm surprised he didnt at least take it to sell it off. I've heard about this car for years but never saw pictures until my Aunt sent me those after my Uncle died a few years back.