Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What hangs from your rear view mirror

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Speed Gems, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

I had a Rat Fink air freshener hanging in my daily driver for 9 years. I got a traffic violation for it last month. "Obstruction of view". Lame.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. mopacltd

mopacltd

That's exactly why there is nothing hanging from my mirror

Nick32vic likes this.
  3. Canada Jeff

Canada Jeff

I used to have a pair of cubes on a string that looked like stupid dice at first glance, but they had no spots. If you looked closer, they were actually Borg Cubes (it's a Star Trek thing). Only one person ever commented on them, I congratulated him on being the second biggest nerd at the car show.

They were hard plastic and rattled like hell, and the joke was kind of done after one summer anyway, so they left. Now it's nothing on the mirror, but the hula girl hangs from a dash knob over the trans tunnel. My kid won't let me get rid of her.

4. daddylama

daddylama

nothin'. don't like extra stuff/clutter.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  5. indyjps

indyjps

Nothing, any car I get in to drive I remove all that shit and put it on the floor......oh, but the stuff you guys have hanging around is cool

6. Hot Rod Rodney

Hot Rod Rodney
    from USA

LOL, this thread has really brought out the snob in some members! I can literally FEEL the contempt as they haughtily condemn any lowbrow who deigns to suspend some interesting and/or treasured heirloom from their rear view mirror!
    Ha ha, sneer away gentlemen:

DSCN0466 (Small).JPG

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
    Model T1 and willbe like this.
  7. Hot Rod Rodney

Hot Rod Rodney
    from USA

My god man, how can you even see where you're going with all that clutter obstructing your view? You sir, are a rolling menace on the highways!!!

TailDrag and hipster like this.
  8. Lad_RoadDevils

Lad_RoadDevils

9. Muttley

Muttley

Here's a picture of whats hanging from my mirror:

Ned Ludd, i.rant and lothiandon1940 like this.
  10. Don Lyon

Don Lyon

WTF's a rear view mirror?

Hot Rod Rodney likes this.
  11. My rear view mirror barely stays up as it is...it sure doesn't need any help from something pulling on it...

Note to self: Add "fix rear view mirror" to list of things to work on so I don't have to continually move it so I can see behind me...

12. Floorboardinit

Floorboardinit

I'm a sucker for dime store/carnie mirror hangers. This old jeweled eyed skull matches the yellowed interior in my cabriolet. JohnnyA

[​IMG]

Hot Rod Rodney and WillyKJr like this.
  13. 61dailyf100

61dailyf100

A bigger mirror lol ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1407434327.823343.jpg

lothiandon1940 and i.rant like this.
  14. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

One very small compass,comes in handy. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1407435863.502082.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App

15. A small wooden cross given by a friend in HS.

Hot Rod Rodney and guthriesmith like this.
  16. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

It's an air unfresheser. Park in the sun on a warm day , hang one of these little babies from your mirror and roll up the windows. By the time the smell goes away you will never be bothered by minor stinky stuff again. I hate rat rods!:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

hipster and The G00SE like this.
  17. WillyKJr

WillyKJr
    from Blackstone

One ticket in nine years for an iconic piece of rodding history....I sure hope it is still hanging there! I'll send you the spinach for the next ticket nine years from now. ;)

Hot Rod Rodney and Nick32vic like this.
  18. HarryT

HarryT
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My high school tassel from 1960.

19. Hot Rod Rodney

Hot Rod Rodney
    from USA

Highly interesting - a real conversation piece.
    Thanks for contributing to the thread.

20. b-bob

b-bob

Nothing in my old car, my handicap sticker in my daily.

21. scoop

scoop

Same in MN.

22. Hot Rod Rodney

Hot Rod Rodney
    from USA

It's been said that a competent state trooper can find at least eleven equipment violations on a brand new vehicle off the showroom floor. If they want to pull you over, they can - if not the mirror, then something else.

If placating the police is your primary consideration when building and equipping a car, we'll all soon be driving Volvos.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
    Kan Kustom and Model T1 like this.
  23. Hot Rod Rodney

Hot Rod Rodney
    from USA

Is everyone on this thread 80 years old?
    Live it up, be a badass outlaw hot rodder and hang a Little Tree air freshener from your mirror!

i.rant likes this.
  24. stimpy

stimpy

yep it is , a air freshener in the nice community of naperville cost me $100 ( after court costs ) , but the posers on the unmuffled Harleys that passed us were ok ...

my American legion Poppy collection is on the visor..

Donald A. Smith likes this.
  25. stimpy

stimpy

man thats a UGly chicken you ran over , hate to see what the other end looked like ... LOL

Hot Rod Rodney likes this.
  26. mountainman2

mountainman2

my $.02 worth (that's in inflated dollars)....I've been in 3 accidents in 52 yrs of driving. Two on motorcycles and one in a car. First mc accident (low speed)....she "didn't see" and pulled out in front of me. Had enough mardi gras beads to cover Dolly Parton hanging from mirror. Car accident (high speed)..... Insert everything from mc accident but substitute "religious items" and "keep Jimmy Swaggert in hairspray". Oh, the other mc accident???? 87 year old man running away from nursing home in daughters car! He couldn't see s**t and nothing was hanging from mirror.

Seriously, nobody has listed anything (mementos, religious items, air fresheners, shrunken heads, etc that could not be hung from dash or some other place in car.

"I don't care if it rains or freezes, as long as I've got my plastic Jesus, riding on the dashboard of my car"

27. 55willys

55willys

Nothing but cob webs if I don't drive it enough. Darn cob's anyway. Jim

28. Hot Rod Rodney

Hot Rod Rodney
    from USA

This tragedy could have been prevented...if only he'd taken the tassel off his rear view mirror...

sfzt.jpg

The G00SE and clem like this.
  29. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

a "WITNESS" when you need one!
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005GTKY24/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    check the rear view mirror, it's difficult to see in this pic, but, it's a videocam as well that records EVERYTHING that goes on in front of my Merc -- IF I'd HAD it in 2011 [ exzactly three YEARS ago yesterday, the 10th of August ] I'da HAD a PROVEABLE arguement to the driver that deSTROYED my Beulah -- then LIED about the circumstances! :( :p

SINCE my unfortunate experience, I've become a STRONG advocate of dashcams! -- and *this* one is a REAL GOODun -- https://www.youtube.com/user/SanDiegoHighwayman and the price has gone down since I got mine ;) It fits our oldtimey *thin* mirrrors GREAT! and gives a larger REAR view with a small video screen on the right side showin what it's recordin -- [ ignore *that* when yer drivin ]

a similer "occurrance" nearly happened *here* if this idiot driver had made contact, I'da had PROOF positive of their ignorant, selfish behaviour

Shelapics 003.jpg
    a beautiful, intricate, bolo tie [ swap meet find ] hangs from it

>chuckle< flame on ;)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  30. The G00SE

The G00SE

I didn't realize the leading cause of accident s was shit on the mirror its a scary world out there ..52 ford for sale! includes shrunken skunk head and fossilized great white tooth

Attached Files: