Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Super Hot Once Again - My Photos from the 2014 KKOA Leadsled Spectacular

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dan Greenberg, Aug 3, 2014.

1. inkstain27

inkstain27

Great pics Dan, as usual. Wish I could have made it but was busy on my Griswold style family vacation

2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I've literally been more excited about you starting this post than I was for the show while I was at the show haha. So damn hot it blanked our hotel key cards!

Do you happen to know if that merc from Canada was the one with the great big hemi crammed in it?

3. Crazy Legs

Crazy Legs

thanks OG lil E, we had a lot of fun as well! As you can tell I've got a long way until complete but we're gettin there ;)

4. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thanks a lot Adam (instain27), Tim ( it was the one with the giant 392 Hemi stuffed inside). Crazy Legs - I don't think I ever saw your car if is the one in your avatar. Did it look like that at the show? Maybe I have it confused for another one.
    [​IMG]

drdave likes this.
  5. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Man I saw crazy legs car every time I drove anywhere! Though to be fair I could hear him coming!

I'll attach an engine photo for those
    Curious about that merc :)

Attached Files:

6. Crazy Legs

Crazy Legs

Yeah same heap in my avatar, Lol Tim, yeah we were everywhere that's for sure & we tried to wear it out at the airstrip as well

7. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thanks for adding the pic of the Hemi in that Merc, Tim. Crazy Legs - I will take one more look. It may have been parked in an area I deemed impossible to get my kind of picture, but I am sure I would have remembered it if I saw it. Thanks a lot Sting Ray for checking out the thread. Tons and tons more to come.

[​IMG]

drdave likes this.
  8. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

How about a 1957 Meteor ragtop all the way from Alberta

[​IMG]

9. Oh Dan, that Meteor ragtop did it for me! It was one of my favorite cars at the show--although there was so much neat stuff there it was hard to pick just a few favorites..........E

10. Great stuff as usual!!!!

11. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

OG lil E - I will have some more on the Meteor later. Thanks Tim!
    [​IMG]

drdave likes this.
  12. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Definitely the wildest car at the show is this what I think is a 1958 Cadillac. More of a snapshot than my normal type of picture, but this car was otherwise parked in an abysmal spot for the rest of the show.

[​IMG]

13. Thanks for taking the time Dan. I always marvel at your pictures!

14. That's Darryl Starbird's latest bubble top, but I think it is a year or two old, actually. It has three tops…the stainless one, the bubble and a roadster/tonneau sorta thing if I remember correctly.

Great shots as always Dan! Thanks for takin' the heat and the pics so I could stay in the a/c…not that I would have been able to go anyhow. LOL (I get to see you at TRJ show this year, though. :) )

15. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thanks MindsEye - comments like that make it worth spending the time on them. Thanks for that info Dr. Dave. I would have liked to take a better shot of this, but it was never in a good place. I'm so happy you will get to go to TRJR

[​IMG]

16. I began going to the KKOA events, back in 1980, in DeMoines, Iowa, under the watchful organization of Jerry Titus. Happy to see these pics. Thanks!

17. surfgeezer

surfgeezer

Always blown away by your photos...love the Merc wagon.

18. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thanks a lot bobg1951Chevy and surfgeezer. I am glad you are enjoying these.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
    drdave likes this.
  19. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

The black 50 Merc was once owned by a man from Nebraska with the last name being Oman which also appeared on the license plate. It was more than likely in Des Moines for those shows. It also appeared in a few magazines as well. The cars looks as it did in those early days with a black tuck`n`roll interior. A car built in a traditional style never goes out of style. A big thank you goes out to the owner for preserving this car. Jerry Titus is still at it with his big show being Salina.

20. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thanks for the rundown on that Merc, Stan. I love that car every time I see it.
    [​IMG]

21. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

22. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Oh, the Dodge pickup brings back memories for me; my Granddaddy Cox had a '46 that he bought new and kept until he passed away in '71.

Wonderful photos, Dan!

23. A Boner

A Boner

Dan, thanks for the cool, make that HOT pic's! image.jpg Anymore of this one?

24. glgarnick

glgarnick
    from nebraska

I purchased this car from Bob Oman in July of 1992. The Front fenders and hood are from another Merc I owned at that time. The car is basically unchanged with the exception of updated suspension including fatman dropped spindles, disk brakes and posies rear springs. The car was chopped by Ronnie Moore in Council Bluffs Iowa.

25. morac41

morac41

Hi Dan ...... Great collection as usual ....... Doug

26. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

a boner - you're welcome and thanks for stopping by. I will check, but I don't think I have any others of that A. There is another similar styled one coming. gigarnick - thanks for the history on the your awesome black Merc. Thank you Doug!

[​IMG]

drdave likes this.
  27. I really appreciate your photo skills and doling out the pictures on the thread. Gives me something to look forward to each day.

28. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thanks rramjet! Now back to it after a couple days of unavoidable interuption.
    [​IMG]

29. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO