Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Drove my forty today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by seldom scene, Aug 2, 2014.

1. seldom scene

seldom scene

I have been fighting health issues for a loooong time. My 40 tudor has been sitting covered up in the garage for at least a year and a half. I have had nightmares about it being stolen and/or crashed and destroyed. My health has improved, my appetite has returned, my artistic juices started flowing, started a new project, and decided to get my hot rod on again. Thank God for battery tenders and gas stabilizer, it fired right up and after a fluid check hit the road. Took my wife, son, and daughter in law for a cruise of the beaches and ocean cliffs. I haven't been this happy in many years! put it back in the garage, but did not cover it up after all I an driving it again tomorrow.

2. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

Right on man always good to hear when someone makes it thru the rough patch.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. Congrats

Posted using my chicken and 2 cigs

4. Congrats. Always feels good to drive a 40 Ford! I drive mine as much as possible and for any excuse that I can! Prayers for your continued good health!

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Good for you and welcome back.

6. I'm happy to hear that your health situation has improved and you feel like having fun with your hot rod,,I have learned even when a health guy is not up to speed a ride in the hot rod does wonders for your outlook.

I hope you continue to enjoy good health! HRP

7. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

You will need to change your handle to "On the road again" instead of Seldom Scene

8. good news....here's to continued good health !

9. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

GREAT! Best of all your health is on the mend. Sounds like your outlook is, too.
    I wish you continued improvements in your health and MANY more rides in your hot rod; especially with the family... remember that THEY likely enjoy those rides as much or MORE that you do!
    All the best,
    Al

10. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Your post put a smile on my face! Great that you're feeling better and back on the road! BTW, are you a fan of bluegrass music? Seldom Scene makes me think maybe you are!

cvstl, Drunk Man and lothiandon1940 like this.
  11. wobbly A

wobbly A

good news mate, happiness is only a hotrod cruze away. good health mate

12. Great story! Glad you are on the mend and yes, keep that '40 uncovered.:)

13. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

Must be a SBC in that 40 !;)

Stay healthy and as the song says " Get your motor runnin, get out on the highway "

14. 4dFord/SC

4dFord/SC

15. Terranova

Terranova

Four wheel therapy is some of the best therapy. Especially when you can bring the fam along. Glad you're feeling better.
    T

16. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

I'm glad for you---I hadn't driven mine for about a month til yesterday. (This was intended to be a response to #1----didn't take.)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  17. Davyj

Davyj

Great to hear a good news story! thanks for sharing it and giving the rest of us a happy moment! Enjoy the good health and the beautiful drives!
    If you have a moment, the guys over on "Deuces and 40's" on facebook would love to hear it too!

18. jodell

jodell
    from Irvine, CA

Happy to hear that your health has improved and you can take the 40 out for a family drive. Keep on enjoying those drives for years to come.

19. RAF

RAF
    from MA.

That's great news. Happy Motoring!!

20. seldom scene

seldom scene

Thank you all for your kind responses, You meet the nicest people on a HAMB !

21. Hey Seldom, I drove my coupe to church this morning, and thought of you. Hope you get the chance to do some motoring around in your '40 today, too!

22. tevintage

tevintage

No longer Seldom: Glad to hear you are feeling better and can get back to driving the 40. I have a 39 Tudor they are a comfortable ride. Keep moving! TEB

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

23. Therapy,,driving a hot rod! :) HRP

24. My ol' dad used to say that in his declining years how a good drive along those picturesque roads of Cape Cod would perk him up after a rough day being house bound.
    He was not really in the best of shape to drive I thought.
    Always worried about those people in his pathway.

25. brady1929

brady1929

Glad you are feeling better. Now post a pic of your 40

bchrismer likes this.
  26. 911 steve

911 steve
    from nebraska

I know how you feel. I just got my 40 tudor on the road last month after being down for paint, body, mech issues, & wiring since 2010. goes to uph shop in sept, then we're done for awhile.