Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods New (to me) BB

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fifty4F100, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Fifty4F100

Fifty4F100
    from Tennessee

Anybody think this is a good/bad idea?

http://memphis.craigslist.org/cto/4594840217.html

I have severe reservations about buying anything without a title. A check at my local county clerk tells me at a cost of $5000 I would need to get a surety bond (whatever that is). I don't want to put money and time into something someone else can come along and say "hey that's mine!".

Glenn in TN

2. skoh73

skoh73

I sure would think that you could find another in similar condition for less money with a title. I had a buddy who had to go through the title headache and he said it was a nightmare. My 2 cents-worth every penny.

3. Fifty4F100

Fifty4F100
    from Tennessee

Usually if there is anything in the Memphis area its running ($$$$$$) or about like this.

4. I would want to see more than just one fuzzy photo of the truck,,go look at it.

Deuce parts are not cheap and I have known more than a few people pay that for a cab. HRP

5. Fifty4F100

Fifty4F100
    from Tennessee

I plan on it. I have a text sent to him now to look at it. It is very close to me. I certainly will offer much less than this. I would hope to get it under the $3000 threshold in TN to get it with only a Certificate of Ownership - again whatever that is. There was a running 31 Model A that just sold last week for $7000 (asking price).

6. 4woody

4woody

FWIW a surety bond is no big deal. Some insurance agencies offer it. It is like insurance in case someone comes forward in the future with a title claim against the car you bought without a title. The cost to you is a fraction of the amount of the bond. Probably a few hundred dollars in this case.