Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Do yo have a Hollander manual for 1960s?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cool57, Jul 28, 2014.

1. If you do, please look for a cross reference for 1966 Riviera trunk latch. Thank you!

2. slowmotion

slowmotion

I'll check mine when I get a chance.

3. The Hollander I have for that time frame doesn't go down to that level of body parts. Lits the lid but nothing else.

If, by latch you mean the mechanism that the lock turns to unlatch it, I would look at other GM cars of that era. GM had a tendency to use the same small parts across a lot of models.

Charlie

4. That's what I'm hoping Charlie. Thanks.

5. o_OOk, here's the convoluted deal. I have a 63 Riv. Remote trunk releases for these are very $carce and vacuum operated. I found out 66-67 bolt in, but they are also vacuum-which would be okay if they were any easier to find but they aren't. Soooo, I was hoping that a more popular/common car such as Impala or Chevelle might interchange and if lucky I'd find a bolt in reproduction power latch.:rolleyes:

6. slowmotion

slowmotion

Checked mine (sorry for the delay) shows 66-67 lids interchange. No info on the latch works as Charlie stated. Good luck on the hunt. :D

7. dos zetas

dos zetas

The public library in your city has all the Hollanders waaaaaay back...

8. txturbo

txturbo

I've never seen a Hollander that listed small parts like that. I don't recall Impalas and Chevelles having that option at all.. You will probably have to look at Cadillac.

9. oldolds

oldolds

Oldsmobile in the mid 60's had vacuum trunck latches Both big and small car. No idea as to Buick interchange.

10. you'll need someone with a Flat Rate manual for those years that lists part #'s.....and someone that's willing to look up all the GM models by years.....as it will show the part #....but not the interchange...

11. Charlie Jones

Charlie Jones
    from Apopka FL.

I researched The Auto History Library for the part number and then GM Partswiki and came up with the following info.
    The conventional lock carries GM part number 4753019.
    It is used in all 65 thru 70 Buicks, regardless of model, except station wagons.
    It is also used in Oldsmobiles from 59 to 61 , 1962 F-85, and all 63 to 69 models except wagons,
    And it was also used in Chevrolets , 61 & 62 Corvette, 62 to 67 fullsize (impala, bel-air), 62 to 67 Nova , and 70 Monte carlo.

There is no remote lock listed for a 1966 Riviera, However there is one listed for 69 & 70 and the conventional lock is listed for 66 to 70. So there is a possibility that it could be used.
    It carries GM number 1230695. and it fits ,
    Buick 69 & 70 and Chevrolet 1970 Monte Carlo , 1970 Impala exc S/W, and 1971 Impala, Chevelle, & Nova.
    These parts may also have been used on Pontiacs. but I have no info on them.

cool57 likes this.
  12. Thank you Charlie Jones and others!