Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The Race of Gentlemen, 3rd Annual.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Apr 15, 2014.

1. ThrottleJockey

ThrottleJockey

What smells.......

BillyC1950 likes this.
  2. Test Fitting the new RoG speedster hood and grill. IMG_9609.JPG

3. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Thanks Mel, I'm stoked to be a part of this! Registrations have already started to pour in, and I'm already worried about how many parking spaces we have :) But that's a good thing! I'm on my way to the A-Bombers Old Style Weekend in Uddevalla, Sweden here now but I will return with more info next week! Please share the good news amongst your custom car friends, and let us know if you know any historic custom cars we should convince to attend!

biggeorge, ELD and CrazyUncleHarry like this.
  4. ELD

ELD

Gentlemen Racers wear Stetsons......here's the Stetson ad appearing in Inked Magazine.....
    [​IMG]

Jeff Baer provided the FB page with some outake photos of the shoot....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CrazyUncleHarry likes this.
  5. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Mel and the Oiler's are making us all wish our Summer away!! Really cant wait now!

6. ELD

ELD

Today's the Maestro of Motor Mayhem's birthday, happy birthday @Dirtyest Devil all the young girls love older men...
    [​IMG]

7. Happy Birthday, Mr. Devil!

8. Happy B-day Mel. :)
    -Pat

9. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Mel must have sand scraped off all his tats on the wicked fall last year and he looks wimpy! Happy B-Day man! Cheers!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  10. MrModelT

MrModelT

Happy Birthday to the Baron of the Beach himself!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. Ha, thanks all!!!

That poppa Horton, knucklehead!!!

Thanks pops!

ELD likes this.
  12. I love my legs in this pic. Ha

Funny you should mention, my rotator cuff has never been the same, clicks like crazy. Went surfing the other day, now I can't throw change in the Nj till booth even. Oh well.

13. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

1 and 2 were great. Hoping I can make #3

14. ELD

ELD

Important Spectator INFO
    Racers will enter at Schellenger Ave.
    No people are permitted to enter in the race area like they were last year.
    People may walk in from the 3 or 4 other streets on the boardwalk to the right of Schellenger, between the water park and Ferris wheel, Lincoln, Garfield, Spicer.

There will be two ticket booths in the center of fence. One for pre bought tickets at, Trog website. The other booth is only a limited run and you will wait in line...... Limited!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ticket INFO:
    Buy Tickets on the website http://www.theraceofgentlemen.com/ Limited amount of tickets available at the race.
    TROG 2014 Full Weekend Pass
    Oct 3 -5, 2014 $50.00 TAX $3.74

This is the Full Monty! Access for the entire weekend to The Race Of Gentlemen and ALL of the party events in Wildwood, NJ! Join us on Friday night at 6pm for the pre-party with a "Chopper" motorcycle exhibit. Special guests include our friends from Dice Magazine. Our pals Grant, and Mike Davis from earth shattering Born Free motorcycle show will also be here. Live rock ’n roll by Daddy Long Legs, Bloodshot Bill & more! Additional pre-party bands, surprise guests and the location will be announced soon!! Access for 2-FULL RACE DAYS, Saturday, October 4th & Sunday, October 5th, with Vintage Motorcycle & Auto races on the beach at the water's edge. The gates open at 8 AM, racing begins around 10 AM, each day. Live rock ’n roll during the races from The Swinging Neckbreakers & more. Access to the Saturday Evening Bonfire Beach Party! Join us from 8 PM to Midnight for a beach party & bonfire featuring Live Rock n’ Roll and more!

TROG 2014 Saturday ONLY
    Oct 4, 2014 $30.00 TAX $2.64

SATURDAY RACES ONLY. Access for Saturday, October 4th, to The Race Of Gentlemen and ALL of the party events in Wildwood, NJ! Join us on Friday night at 6pm for the pre-party. Enjoy the races on Saturday, October 4th with Vintage Motorcycle & Auto races on the beach at the water's edge. The gates open at 8 AM, racing begins around 10 AM. Live rock ’n roll during the races from The Swinging Neckbreakers & more. Access to the Saturday Evening Bonfire Beach Party! Join us from 8 PM to Midnight for a beach party & bonfire featuring Live Rock n’ Roll and more!

TROG 2014 Sunday ONLY
    Oct 5, 2014 $30.00 TAX $2.64

SUNDAY RACES ONLY. Access for Sunday, October 5th, to The Race Of Gentlemen and ALL of the party events in Wildwood, NJ! Join us on Friday night at 6pm for the pre-party. Enjoy the races on Sunday, October 4th with Vintage Motorcycle & Auto races on the beach at the water's edge. The gates open at 8 AM, racing begins around 10 AM. Live rock ’n roll during the races from The Swinging Neckbreakers & more. Access to the Saturday Evening Bonfire Beach Party! Join us from 8 PM to Midnight for a beach party & bonfire featuring Live Rock n’ Roll and more!

TROG 2014 PARTY PASS ONLY

Join us on Friday night at 6pm for the pre-party with a "Chopper" motorcycle exhibit. Special guests include our friends from Dice Magazine. Our pals Grant, and Mike Davis from earth shattering Born Free motorcycle show will also be here. Live rock ’n roll. Additional pre-party bands, surprise guests and the location will be announced soon!! Access to the Saturday Evening Bonfire Beach Party from 8 PM to Midnight featuring Live Rock n’ Roll and more! Yes, it’s a donation and you can give us as little or as much as you'd like, but we encourage a $10 donation.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
    CrazyUncleHarry likes this.
  15. Peoples! If you buy a weekend pass, you don't have to give a donation!!!

My web kid did this, not me.

The idea behind it was, if people just go to the party on fri night and not to the races, then can give ten beans.

Ok, who's going to a party and not the races??? But I let people make decisions sometimes and just say whatever! To busy.

16. ELD

ELD

Jersey Trogladytes, this ol' man needs a ride to the race.. I live off Rt. 206 and Red Lion Circle Vincentown, NJ
    I'm well behaved and don't get car sick. Thursday or Friday morning would be most excellent indeed but beggers can't be choosers. The guys will need my supervision and go fetchin' skills.
    [​IMG]

MrModelT likes this.
  17. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

I might be giving up my room at the Starlux. It's up in the air.
    1st floor across from the pool

WACCUSTOMS.COM

18. flash

flash

"BCCHOPIT on the HAAAAAAAAAMB" no say it ain't so!

general gow and Speedy Canuck like this.
  19. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

Lots of work this summer. So I didn't have time to work on my car this summer. I am very good with that. My new shop needs a roof really bad. If I can't play I can't see spending 600 bucks when I should stay home and work. Every thing is very much up in the air. I am just giving a heads up that I have a bad ass room and might not use it.

20. jcs64

jcs64

two full monty passes bought and paid!
    cant wait!
    jeff

21. That bad ass banger model A coupe needs to be a TROG staple. That was the first racer I recognized in the host hotel parking lot last year when we arrived in Wildwood! Hope to see you there Bill

T__N__A and MrModelT like this.
  22. Hey all!

Things should be quiet from us for about a week. We Oilers are off to Bonneville.

Hope to see some of you friends out on the salt. Cheers, and good luck everyone. Oilers CC/MC

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1407324116.697429.jpg

BillyC1950 and Speedy Canuck like this.
  23. Does anyone know if the Cape May, N.J./ Lewes, De. Ferry is in operation at this point in the year? (early Oct.). Might be an alternative route for those coming from the South......Thanks, Don.:)

24. OK, am I the only one who sees a "Wall of Death" on the 2014 RoG diagram? Hell Yeah!
    I wonder if it's too late to train a Sidecar Lion!

25. I'm not a Jersey Troglodyte, but I will be rolling in on Thursday, and could just as easily come the inland route as down the coast. If you get a better offer go for it, but if nothing else pans out, we can figure something out....
    Are you ok riding the rest of the way sitting on the speedster on the trailer, Slim-Pickens-style? (just kidding, I think we have a spare seat)

26. ELD

ELD

how many times have I told you guys that I don't want no horsing around on the belly tanker!
    [​IMG]
    Excellent @CrazyUncleHarry from what I've read/heard a ride with you would be quite an adventure! Thanks for volunteering we'll see what happens.

27. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

Oh no I saw it and can't wait to see what kind of tomfoolery takes place around That thing !

28. I noticed it too.
    Last year, on the Sunday night, I got to hanging out with Mel and a few others at the trailers. Mel mentioned that he was taking a wall of death class from some crazy European and wanted to have a wall of death at TROG someday. I'm pretty excited that it's going to be this year!

29. I'm half ass thinking of driving my pickup out there and camping the whole way there and back with a canvas tent....I know what my area is like in early October, but what about the rest of the country? Am I asking for trouble trying to cross the country at that time of year in a 80 year old vehicle with no heater? When do the Rockies start seeing snow? What are the temps like in the middle of the country that time of year? Anyone have any advice,...I'd like to hear it...

30. Plane tickets bought, I can't wait! First time for this, and Hershey!

MrModelT, Speedy Canuck and BCCHOPIT like this.