Register now to get rid of these ads!

blower for a buick 215?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cydways, Feb 4, 2009.

1. cydways

cydways

Does anybody know if and or who made blower manifolds for the Buick 215s?

2. cydways

cydways

geez all the way to page 10 in one day! this board is busy....

3. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

My brother has one in his personal collection It is for a 371 or 471. I am pretty sure it was made by Cragar.

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Mark Moriarty made his own manifold when he did the Futurian because it did not exist. It included a Cragar blower with 6 strombergs on top. It would be pretty cool to be that handy.

5. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

He is definately one talented guy. However, they do exist in very limited numbers. Mark built one because he could not locate one.

I am pretty sure it was made by Cragar, but the brand could be different. I can get a hold of my brother and find out for sure.

6. sdluck

sdluck

I the 1970 when lots of people ran blowers both fake and real,they made a plate to fit a 4 barrell intake and mounted a blower to it,just make a cardboard copy of the bottom of the blower and figure out the correct position for pulleys to lineup transfer the holes from where the carb would mount and mount the plate, small inlet but it works.

7. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

Pully spacers and shims fix alignment.

8. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Turbocharge it.
    Cheaper, easier, more economical, more tunable, just as powerfull, and it's actually HAMB friendly since Oldsmobile did it from the factory 'back in the day.

9. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

Turbos are gay. Supercharge it. New import motors might be more efficient too, but not near the cool factor.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  10. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

I think it was Gary Dyers who had a company that did this also.

11. cydways

cydways

Thanks for the info guys! yea, I could make more power with the turbo and yes it would be more efficient. but this car is going to be inefficient and cool! plus if i wanted power i would be putting something else other then a 215 in it..lol

12. bluebolt

bluebolt
    from Benton LA

13. robt500

robt500
    from Lex, KY

Oldsmobile made a turbo 215. Get the exhaust manifolds for a '62-'63 Jetfire and turbo it. ;)
    <!-- google_ad_section_start(name=content) -->

14. cydways

cydways

Wow! those are some great links... thanks guys

15. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

I just spoke with my brother. His intake is an old 'Thompson' (yes Mickey Thompson).It is for a 4-71 huffer.

16. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

Those are worth SERIOUS coin.

17. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

I am sure. Seems like everything he and I bought back when no one else wanted them(and were cheap) are worth a small fortune. it is slated for his longterm altered project.

18. Screamin' Metal

Screamin' Metal
    from Oklahoma

The small Buick, all you need is to fab. up your own manifold, using a alum. plate and a aftermarket alum. intake of that era, a little cutting and welding, bolt up a small 4-71 with a 1to1 drive, low compression pistons, have Reed Cams grind you a special blower cam, stock heads with some big tube headers, oh your ready for some roddin'.....

19. 5window

5window

My dad had one of the turbo '63 Jetfires. 215HP from a factory 215 cu inch motor. It was in the shop,a lot, because Olds couldn't keep the turbo running. But, when it ran,it would scoot-and dad's an ex fighter pilot who drove it that way. Cool and hot. Pretty exciting for 15 yr old kid.

20. Bellytanker

Bellytanker
    from California

http://www.britishv8.org/Articles/MGB-V8-Supercharger.htm I'm not sure how many variations the Buick engine has gone through, but this British motor was based on the 215, so if you look into it, you may find that this manifold would work with your motor. K
    Sorry, I just went back and looked at the complete article, but it may help. K

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  21. wild.stuff

wild.stuff

Rover again!
    Spec took in the British mag “Street Machine” jan 1995
    Modified fuel injection manifold with Wade R034 supercharger and two 450cfm Holley.<O:p
    I have an over issue with a tech article How to Supercharging from “Street Machine” but to big to put here, PM me if you want It.<O:p
    The Rover and Buick 215 share the same intake in the Offenhauser and Edelbrock catalogue
    Eric<O:p

Attached Files:

22. ...a little tidbit for your plethora:

http://www.442.com/oldsfaq/ofjet.htm

...explains some interchange with other 215 variants including the 300, 198 V-6, and Rover version...old link, but good info :cool:

Fs-N-Fs

23. Anglial

Anglial

Hi Mickey Thompson made a 4-71 manifold,but there werent many

24. rocketron

rocketron

Al, You may remember me from the purchase of 'the Anglia-on-a-stick'. Please contact me at [email protected] , Thanks Rocketron

25. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Buick made a blown version of the 3.8 V6 which is a close relative of the 215.