Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods So I went into a friends father's "Barn" and ....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Internet, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Internet

Internet

these were in there.... and none of them are for sale. just figured I would share an excellent weekend.

Attached Files:

2. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Very nice barn...

3. 3 nice pieces going up in value white they sit there.

Like the 5W Deuce. HRP

4. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

they are still out there...

5. slowmotion

slowmotion

And a pretty cool Pepsi sign for icing on the cake!

6. He has good taste in autos.

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

"some day" projects

Scooterville likes this.
  8. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Better than money in the bank.....and much more enjoyable to look at !

9. I think He needs to share.

10. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

why don't you PM me his address?

11. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Such a shame to just let them sit inside & probably never get finished ... typical.
    "I'm going to restore that one & hot rod that one ... " ya - right.

Hopefully someone with some ability to finish them will end up with them all.

Thanks for sharing - I'm depressed now.

12. Squablow

Squablow

If the seats in the trunk of the coupe in the last pic are meant for one of those cars, I'm glad he's not working on any of them! Really though, neat to see, and glad they're stored well.

13. Who is to say the owner can't do them or won't do them? All of the guys who say something to the affect of what you said should start buying the cars that ARE for sale on the HAMB. It is typical however, that guys who buy what they like will either do them or their widows will sell them.

It all depends on ones point of view. I'm 71 and have 3 projects underway. Working actively on at least 1 every day. Doesn't mean I have to sell 1 or all of them....they're mine....everyone else can just pound sand.

Charlie

codeblu, drdave and bowie like this.
  14. Kinky6

Kinky6

Looks like they've been "couped-up" for a while in there. :rolleyes:

15. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Hey Charlie - I never mentioned age as a factor ... you might be the exception but you'll have to agree ... most, in the state they are shown in, don't get the chance to see light under the stewardship of the present owner(s). I say that with eyes wide open with the junk that's been piled around, in & on top of them. Then again - I might be wrong ...

16. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Charlie, you forgot to say "you kids get out of my yard"! Kidding, you have it right.

17. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Cool stuff. Thanks for posting.

18. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Look at it another way: people like him are the reason most of us were able to have our old tin. Someone has to preserve them until the next generation are ready to take them on as projects. Don't curse his darkness, rather, light a candle and keep the faith.

19. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

you sir...are wise beyond your years

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  20. indyjps

indyjps

Theyre stored inside, nothing wrong with that, if we wants to packrat. If they were outside rotting it would be disturbing, but still his stuff.

Bubba1955 likes this.
  21. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

You all are reading me wrong ... I dig that they are inside & as shown being preserved ... just figured, from the "look", that they weren't really being considered for future projects anytime soon. Just my opinion as I've seen it before all to often. As for it's his stuff - you are correct ... but I can have a voice +/- or = on the subject.

For myself I was unable to really continue on my '46 ford cpe project so when a friend asked if I'd part with it ... I did. He's moving right along with it too. When I was able I jumped on a '64 Fairlane, that I posted on the HAMB, that I too finished and passed along to another caretaker.

Now I'm in search of a mid 50's cornbinder pick up truck.

As for future use ... hopefully ...

22. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I want the Willys Coupe. Just saying.

23. chevy3755

chevy3755

am 67 with 2 projects actively working on............

24. WillyKJr

WillyKJr
    from Blackstone

Oooohooohooo! Everything is for sale brother. There will be a right time in the lives of those jewels that somebody comes along and down the road they will go to a new home and hopefully back into the "being used" category.

25. phoneman

phoneman
    from Missouri

Sometimes life gets in the way of our hobbies. I have a few projects set back waiting. Spending to much time at work and spending money on schooling for my kids right now. Glad I was a hoarder when I was younger. Oops I guess i'm still a hoarder. My Uncle says my economic model is upside down. All buy and no sell.

26. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

These cars are being preserved, and it may be awhile before they go to the guy who will get them on the road. The 3 window coupe in my avatar was purchased by me from a fellow who had it for 38 years - and never did anything with it. Had he not held on to the coupe for so long, it is not likely I would have ever had the chance to buy it - so I am grateful to him for taking such good care of my coupe for so long.

27. BARNS...it's what's on the INSIDE that counts!

28. Hookedtrout

Hookedtrout
    from East Idaho

I'd have to say I agree with Charlie. If they were out in a mud hole out back of the barn, shame on the guy letting them rot, storing them inside to help preserve them is exactly what should be done no matter what he ever does with them. He owns them.

bowie likes this.
  29. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I agree with Charlie Chops and Hookedtrout completly. The OP might as well have been viewing some of my "reserves". I started scarfing cars and parts,along with my dad from the time I was 10. $45.00 's for a '38 p-up here,$75.00 for a chopped and channel '32 p-up there...ect. If you keep them inside they don't turn to dust; they just get dusty! To me ;my stuff is what inspires me to keep playing...when real life gives me the time. If me or my son don't get to them , at least I preserved them to live again.

Hookedtrout likes this.