Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features The Lee Pratt '40

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ryan, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Thanks fellas... I shoot and develop film a lot for family stuff, but I use digital for work. This was all done on a full frame digital camera using vintage lenses.

2. I grew up in San Diego; La Mesa to be precise and there was a gold 40 coupe on the street my Grandparents lived on that was this cars twin. Circa 1959. Always loved that car. Never met the owner. Figured it was out of my meager price range so had to be satisfied with my 36 1/2 ton.

Welcome back.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. catdad49

catdad49

Mighty tasty, right there. Lee sounds like a good friend, the kind that you can "lean" on when you're not strong. Sorry to kinda steal some great lyrics, but it's good to see that you're trying to heal yourself. Hang in there pard,, Carp

4. Eric H

Eric H

Beautiful car, photos and write up, welcome back.

5. hasty

hasty

Welcome back.

6. MagnusW

MagnusW

Ryan, saw this on your instagram feed and registered to tell you - OUTSTANDING photography! And I don't say that very often.

I'm in Austin for a couple of days and would love to hook up. I'll show you some Porsches if you show me some hot rods.

ynottayblock and sodbuster like this.
  7. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Thanks again guys...

Magnus Walker the Porsche guy? I'll convo you.

ynottayblock likes this.
  8. Hey Ryan, been a fan for some time. Thoroughly enjoyed the "dad" posts, and understood where your thoughts were, in regards to. You're a lucky man, as am I. It's alien to you, but we can both be thankful to hold fathers in high regard.....many are indeed not in that boat, so to speak. It's a shame too. It's the best thing in life, to be loved by your dad, and of course...to love him back. Your father was an exceptional person, obviously...and he did much to rain down upon his son, everlasting love....and share his joy of life's fun things, with his son. Nothing will ever blunt, his loss.....nor can anything be said, to help you along, from here and until the end. I can only say, that it is rare to find a like minded person, lucky enough to love his father as much as you do. I know you cherish it all. I hope things get better, and thank you, for all that you do. God bless your pops, and everything about him. That's all you sir.

9. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Welcome back,
    I was a giddy girl one GNRS show when I was walking with Von Franco and we ran into Lee. Real quite until he knows you, or you are with someone he knows. Lee, in one of his stories, brought up the coupe and the magazine article, then proceded to tell how the coupe was sitting in a carport under a cover where he lived, and it seems that the security guy was walking around when a large dog appeared and the only excape route was the top of the coupe. No dents as I remember, but some scratches.
    Ryan, I used writing and photography to get back to my 'new' normal during and after cancer treatment. It is never easy, and today is the new normal.

sodbuster likes this.
  10. belair

belair

Enjoyed the article and the pics. Glad you're back.

11. seatex

seatex

Man crush be damned, one ICONIC CAR! Glad you are trying to get back in the saddle, Ryan. Hang in there, mannnn....

12. Stunning car. nice photos, great story...

13. BLAKE

BLAKE

Beautiful pics, my friend.

14. gonzo

gonzo

Coming from a guy that spent 2 hours yesterday trying to make my hood gap slightly more presentable may I just say well done on that front end sheet metal.

Special Ed likes this.
  15. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

Beautiful coupe.. one of my favorite!

16. autobilly

autobilly

Welcome "back" Boss. I'd drive the snot out of it too, if it were mine.

17. mj40's

mj40's

< One of my favs too. I fell in love with gold on a 40 in Reno in the mid 60's. Just does it for me.

18. Because of this car, I've been looking for 46-48 bumpers for my 40 Sedan. Glad your back, and see ya in Joplin.

19. Earley

Earley
    from NYC

Not to kiss your ass, but your last two or three photo sessions have rivaled Steve Coonan's stuff. You are getting damned good with that Leica.

20. Such a beautiful car. Inspiring.

21. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

Good to see you writing (and photographing) again, man.

22. That's one of my favorite 40 Coupes. Good to see you back ...

23. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Remember it from Americruise 2000 ..... and in LA. Beautiful car ....

24. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Take him up on it!!! Hot Rod 911's are pretty sweet and Magnus knows how to make em look the part!

sodbuster likes this.
  25. MattStrube

MattStrube

Nice, I love the lens detail. :)

26. Back in the saddle.....good for you! Lee's 40 is one of my favorites as well. Thanks for the post!

27. Searcher

Searcher

Welcome back !
    Keep on....

28. draider

draider
    from Texas

Everything Mr. Pratt touches is bitchin. Excellent photos too, Boss.

29. TOE

TOE

Awesome light / photography Ryan.

Magnus Walker on the HAMB?

It's too cool to see how when you're a car guy you just get it. Even when it's a car different from your normal interests, a nicely done car can be appreciated by all.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  30. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

Lets us know what you 2 get up to...even if its not hamb friendly

bowie likes this.