Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The official Flamedabone '36 Ford coupe build thread. Update 8-7-15

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flamedabone, Jul 27, 2014.

1. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don't settle for any off shore repop Flamedabone build threads, this one is the official.

I bought this heap from a dude in Virginia few months ago and it has been living at work until I finished the '36 truck. Now the truck is done, so this heap of shit is next.

[​IMG]

Looks pretty sweet sitting on the trailer. Decent grill, hood and sides. The front fenders are 'glass and are not going to make the final build.

[​IMG]

The guy said it had new floorboards, but he failed to mention the floorboards were 20 gauge and were not attached to the body.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This thing is a big floppy piece of shit, but I think with a little bit of love, she will be just fine.

[​IMG]

The frame is actually pretty damn good. Crappy repair over the rear kick up, but overall pretty solid and straight.

[​IMG]

Came with what looks to be a pretty early 8in Ford and some cobbled up leaf springs.

[​IMG]

This car will deviate from the standard Flamedabone straight shiny black with a big thumping Pontiac motor. This car will definitely not be shiny (I'm done with that block sanding shit...) and it will NOT have a Pontiac engine.

[​IMG]

See you next time, -Abone.

Stu, kiwijeff and AHotRod like this.
  2. Eric H

Eric H

Looks great, can't wait to see this come together.

3. Uptown83

Uptown83

Awesome project. That floor :eek: It sucks to work with a floppy pos body. Keep us updated.

4. Back up the Tuna Boat Jeff,what do you mean it ain't gonna have a Poncho engine,all your builds have Pontiac engines,right?

It looks like the kind of piles you always magically whip into shape so that's no surprise.:D

And no shiny black paint? HRP

5. I understand the reasons for not shiny.....But admit, a little disappointed....

6. Roadsir

Roadsir

In the first picture it's got a lazy eye, in the second picture theres a strong look of concern of whats to come. I like your plans 35 & 6's make cool hot rods!

7. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

I know a guy that when he drinks he gets the same kind of lizard eye. Damndest thing. One looks forward while the other looks at what ever the hell it feels like.

Good luck Jeff.

8. That lazy eyes is looking at you saying "Are you sure about this!?" Can't wait to see you work your magic on this one homey. It's going to take a lot of beer. Already looks better in pieces. Go man go!

9. F-head

F-head

this will be fun to watch
    324?

10. I think that is a newer Olds, like a 371/394? It should make a great cruiser when you are done, what like 4 months from now?

11. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Did the South run out of Pontiac Motors finally. or did you run out of Pontiac dual carb intakes. I can understand no shiny paint (going back to your roots) but unless you are running a big inch Ford, a Pontiac is all you know.

that ol Pickup of yours looks like it handles a trailer pretty good. you got airbags in the rear of it.?

12. 27troadster

27troadster

Pretty sweet!, Truck looks bitchin too

Let us know if you need parts from Turkey Rod Run swap meet this fall.

Latter...

13. Yet again another bad ass build from one the bad asses on here. Keep the updates coming.

14. lukey

lukey

That's funny! U should have seen the merc the day I drug it out of a field! I like to think I got it all cleaned up and ready for him!

-LUKEY-

15. You had me at the second sentence.......lol. Go ahead and get on that "heap of shit" now !! Gotta' love the guy that tells it like it is......right off the bat. This is gonna' be cool. Dig the truck, too.

16. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

17. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here is the last month or two. The frame is pretty much done. Don't look at the d**k brakes.

[​IMG]

I drug this inside by myself, that tells you how little there is to this old heap.

[​IMG]

Cherry 1/4 panel

[​IMG]

Ran string down the centerline of the chassis and squared and braced the body to the center of the chassis. Set the door gaps then welded the doors in the hole. Almost looks like a whole car!

[​IMG]

Now, with everything square and braced, both lower cowl sections got to go.

[​IMG]

The cowl sides don't look too bad in the pics, but they are fucked. This is the good side.

[​IMG]

The cowl sections and passengers door came from a kindly HAMBer in Paoli, Indiana and I belive came from the same car, so they were already acquainted.

[​IMG]

This is today. Both sides of the cowl are repaired, squared and bolted down. Next is to fit the door hinges so I don't have to have the doors welded in the hole forever. Somewhere in this deal, Corky Coker stopped by and hooked me up with some sweet bias plys. (screaming deal with the HAMB Alliance, by the way.)

[​IMG]

See you next time. -Abone.

18. Jeff,That car is shaping up..like the whitewalls. HRP

19. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I have seen this heap first hand and that body is in sad shape. I know it will get love and be made right as have the past projects

Jeff, today I was going thru some mags and came across one with pics of your 40 coupe build.. it gave me a smile.

20. Let me know if you need some hinges I have a whole box of them

21. NealinCA

NealinCA

I always enjoy watching your builds...

22. brady1929

brady1929

23. Damn Jeff, maybe next time you can find one a little more fucked up, like maybe rusted up to the door handles or something! :)

24. Good to see you breathing life into another one. I put an early Rocket in my '36 and it'll be cool to see how you tackle the challenging areas.

25. mrquickwhip

mrquickwhip

Love it...but I'm biased.....subscribed

26. lewk

lewk
    from Mt

Lookin' good.

27. CGkidd

CGkidd

Olds powered I am sold. Man looks like a ton of work. But judging your other builds it should be bitchin.

28. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Dig the wheels and tires. Is the lid getting lowered on this one?