Register now to get rid of these ads!

Finally after 2 years Able to log on

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Slopok, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Slopok

Slopok

Hello all my name is Jake and have been a member since Jan 2012 but have just now figured out how to post. I have a 1949 Merc that was completed in July of 1982 and is beginning to show its age after 32 years. Thankfully I didn't do what everyone was doing in the 80's and went for traditional way back then. Even retained the flat motor.
    Slo Pok IMG_3090.JPG

2. Welcome Jake! It was great to meet you and check out your outstanding Merc on Saturday at the SW Chicago HAMB and Eggs. Hope to see you again real soon.

Larry

3. Slopok

Slopok

Larry, I guess that's the only way you'll be able to see the Merc because I can't do whatever I just did to get into the introduction page with the only picture I have that I just took this morning in the driveway after 32 years. A friend of mine came over today and got me up and runnin on the Hamb. Guess I need em to come back over again.

4. Camaro Mike

Camaro Mike

You made it! Welcome to the HAMB Jake, hope to see you soon.

Mike

5. Slopok

Slopok

Next Saturday, weather permitting. I got water spots ya know!

6. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Welcome from Wyoming! Nice Merc :D

7. Slopok

Slopok

Thanks, I once had a 56. Should've kept it. Never mind, I see you have a 66 s55. Parents bought a brand new Monterey in 66. Yellow with black vinyl top was the hot ticket back then. Wouldn't go for the s55 though.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  8. carnut341

carnut341

Nice car, Jake! I've been a member since 2008 and I used to be able to get on here but since they changed the hamb I haven't been on I hope you can figure out how to put more pictures on.

9. Slopok

Slopok

Thanks for the compliment. I will have to take more pictures of the car and get them into the computer. I've owned this car since 81 and most of the pictures I have are on old 35mm film. I am new to the digital age. When I figure it out I believe I am supposed to create a personal HAMB photo album. May need some help with that though.

10. 1EvilPaul

1EvilPaul

welcome from california

11. Slopok

Slopok

Thank you. If you see Bad Bob, tell him I've joined his Merc club.

12. 1lowtrk

1lowtrk

Welcome
    Is this the merc I would see parked over at the belt rr every once in a while?

13. Slopok

Slopok

Yes it is, there where times when I had to drive it to work when my daily driver was down.

14. 1lowtrk

1lowtrk

Cool Id see it there and always wanted to ask who owned it but never had time.

15. Glad you got your user account figured out.

16. Welcome. Sweet Merc. Glad you figured out the posting thing. The more time you spend on here the easier it will become to navigate the site and hopefully post more pictures going forward.....................................Don in Maryland.

17. Welcome from sunny South Australia. I need a Merc just like that. ~H.R.D~

18. Slopok

Slopok

Thanks for the kind words and warm welcome Guys.

19. Welcome from Kansas City!

20. 88porkchop

88porkchop

welcome...really nice car