Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Street Is Neater In A Beater. Let's See Yours.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by missysdad1, Jul 25, 2014.

1. eazzrider

eazzrider
    from oklahoma

2. chstitans42

chstitans42

Once I get mine back together, I plan on it to be a daily driver beater. All go and some show as said above.
    [​IMG]

BHoover likes this.
  3. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

white & blue coupe 1.jpg white & blue coupe 2.jpg Almost every time I have my car parked someplace, people come up to me and tell me they have seen my car everywhere. My response, "yes, I drive it every time I get the chance."

My trip odometer tells me I've put over 200 miles on it since Sunday afternoon's fill up, and I don't drive to work, I work at home. The miles from this week were from taking short rides with my wife, nearly every night. Weekends can add 200-300 miles by them selves.

The blue is cheap "Anti Rust" that is 2 years old, the front is white primmer. I might throw some white paint at the front after I change the wore out motor. I'm hoping the motor makes it until mid Oct, but that's growing more questionable every week.

4. 4 banger 4 life

4 banger 4 life
    from ohio

Here is mine.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

Outback, BHoover and iwanaflattie like this.
  5. Muttley

Muttley

Here's mine:

[​IMG]

BHoover likes this.
  6. My 37 beater, I have done many miles in this in the last 37 years. JW
    [​IMG]

Outback and BHoover like this.
  7. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

I do ! Why......I guess because I don't baby it . It seems that the harder I run it....the better it runs!

8. ghornbostel

ghornbostel

Webers 005.jpg loovers 004.jpg Here's mine. 30 years ago it had fresh paint on it. Just got a fresh engine done and going back together. Its tough to be without it in the summer.

9. Is that a V6 ? HRP

10. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

I've had the disease for over 25 years. A show car is useless. I have no pictures but this tag was registered to a 47 Chevy Woodie. I got a kick out of the lady at the DMV. when I picked them up the lady said Mr. beater? Mr. Beater? The woodie had moss growing on the wood.:D You can tell by the tag that it was not a garage queen. I'd sure like to find a picture of me and my buddy doing "rod jousting" at Cumberland. I was able to get the front wheels off of the ground by strategically timing the clutch. The shocks were long gone so I could get it to bounce pretty good. The crowd loved it:D My buddy got bruised ribs from my driving as he hung out the rear window with the pool cue. We didn't get any rings but we had some fun!!

11. That is so cool Tommy,I remember Rod Jousting,we almost rolled a 40 sedan,young and over exuberance is always a great combination for excitement. HRP

12. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

our club did the rod jousting for the host club. In my minds eye I can still picture a Deuce highboy teetering at a 45 degree angle for what seemed like 5 minutes before it finally fell back onto its wheels. Scared the shit out of me. I can't imagine riding in it.

13. When I was a kid,(50 yrs ago), A beater was your dependable daily driver that never saw wax.
    here are some of mine from recent years.

Attached Files:

14. Same here,I know my sphincter muscles must have bite down on that bench seat in preparation of rolling,,as you said it scared the crap outta me! HRP

15. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I miss the driving games at the Street Rod shows! I remember one that was blind driver. The driver wore a blind fold and the passenger guided him through an obstacle course at low speed. Rod Jousting was awesome too!

16. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

011.JPG My '40 (avatar) is going to be a beater. Built in the 70s (?) the paint is really sad but it runs great, starts right up and the wife and I have put 1500 miles on it since April. Suspension is really right on, old P&J components, 9" Ford and we use it as our daily driver. Velour (!) interior is still in good shape. Sheetmetal is fantastic everywhere. And I don't sweat the supermarket parking lots too much nor the road dings. From 20' it looks great going down the road and as my good friend Dick said "just drive the damn thing" after getting an estimate in the $15000 range to strip and repaint!

Muttley and bchrismer like this.
  17. ghornbostel

ghornbostel

Yes...

18. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

I drive these as often as I can. The 55 was my daily driver in 92. I consider a beater a car that gets more use than just to shows and back. It may start out with nice fresh paint but picks up battle scars over the years with good use.

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

BHoover and Muttley like this.
  19. 1956 buick station wagon 009.jpg You all have some nice rides.Hope to get my wagon on the road by labor day if i dont sell it first.Bruce.

BHoover likes this.
  20. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

I'm heading out to my Saturday AA meeting in my Beater. However, I have been working on my next beater that I just bought.

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      227.1 KB
      Views:
    • 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      190.8 KB
      Views:
    BHoover likes this.
  21. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

my 36 coupe, just a good ole driver. Gary

Attached Files:

BHoover likes this.
  22. junk

junk

Sad thing is today. Any car without shiny paint gets labeled a "rat rod" by the uninformed. Drives me nuts.

There are some very nice cars in this thread. Beater or not!

23. Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

Kustomism, Outback and Muttley like this.
  24. fordsbyjay

fordsbyjay
    from Lafayette

Here is my 56 when I brought it home. I have since replaced the 223 with a 302/c4. Changed the flat glass, redid the floorboards. It needs some upholstery pretty bad but I have been using mexican blankets since I bought it. They fit the bill.

[​IMG]

BHoover likes this.
  25. Both of my 40s are beaters. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BHoover likes this.
  26. This is Ruffus.

Attached Files:

BHoover likes this.
  27. Had this 32 19 years hasn't changed a lot still lots of fun. MW

Attached Files:

BHoover likes this.
  28. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

I know it's not to everyone's taste, but here's my beater on the way home from the Rust Revival. I just turned 20,000 mi. on the way home from the Meltdown Drags last weekend and I drive it to work as often as the weather allows.

Blue IMGP8904sml_zpsb79ab319.jpg

BHoover likes this.
  29. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

30. tguptill

tguptill
    from Maine

My truck is getting close to being on the road. It will def be a beater.

BHoover likes this.